28|Checkmate

Vote, comment & enjoy!

Kaida 'Indigo' Aoki| 21

📍Home| Kai and Ami's House [7:25pm]

Closing the door after thanking and saying goodbye to Syn, I hug Tsu tightly in my arms. I was so worried about her and a bit disappointed in myself for not teaching her about wandering off.

It also occurred to me that Syn found and brought her home, someone who she didn't know and she seemed so calm in his arms.

Wrapping his arms around the both of us, Amici thanked God for keeping her safe before releasing us.

Walking over to the living room with her still in my arms, I take a seat and rest her on my lap.

"Tsu, you know Mommy loves you right?" I ask her and she nods, "I know" she answers. "Good, I'm only saying this to keep you safe but you can't go wandering off whenever you feel like, it's dangerous baby" I tell her and her brows pull together.

"I was with Daddy" she says and my eyes snap up to meet Amici's, "Munchkin, you weren't with your father. The man who brought you home was Mommy's friend" Amici says to her but she shakes her head.

"No, Daddy was in the car" she tells us and I sigh heavily, "Can you describe him to us?" I ask playing into her delusion.

"Show you" she says getting off my lap and we follow behind her as she climbs the stairs going to our bedroom. Searching through my closet she comes out a minute or two later with a picture of Mari in her hands.

"Daddy" she beams stretching the picture towards me and I take it from her. The specific picture was taken the very first time Mari and I spent a night together at that cabin.

Stooping in front of her I smile, "I know you wanted it to be your father but he wasn't Tsu" I tell her and she stomps her foot, "It was!" she yells at me and Amici scolds her.

"I think it's time for bed" I tell her raising to my feet and she stomps out with an attitude and I turn to look up at Amici with a frown on my face.

"I know it's not possible but I can't help but feel she wouldn't lie about something like this" I say to him and he pulls me into his arms, "We'll know when we get the footage from the school" he says kissing me on the forehead and I nod.

"I'll get her ready for bed and join you soon" I tell him stepping out and going in the direction of Tsu's room. Pushing the door open, she was lying on her bed crying and I stepped in closing the door behind me.

Sitting on the bed beside her, I felt like I was doing something wrong by the simple fact that she was crying. Resting my hand on her back, I console her and she gets up climbing onto my lap.