Cigarettes

(No one's POV)

Y/n sat on the twin sized bed in the motel room she snuck into. She was gently playing with the chain bracelet that was on her right wrist. Five was sharing the room with y/n, there were two beds so they got lucky. Lila and Diego were sharing a bedroom with one king sized bed and since they were a couple, they let five and y/n share this one.

But to steal the bedrooms, five and Diego had to kill the owners of the rooms. Which is where five was. He was hiding the dead body in the air vent in the far lower corner of the room. He slammed the door of it shut and screwed back on the screws to keep it shut. He sighed and brushed off his hands. He had blood on his white collar and some on his hands and face.
"Well, that's that done.." five mumbled, causing y/n to look up at him.

She saw all the blood and tilted her head. "Huh. You sort of look like me now" she tries to make a joke. Five snickered a bit and walked closer to her.

"Yeah, I guess I do. We should probably get cleaned up." Five suggested as he looked around for a bathroom. He found it. He looked back to y/n. "you wanna wash off first?"

Y/n shook her head, "you can first." She said in a soft tone. Five nodded and he walked to the bathroom, closing the door behind him and locking it.

Y/n heard the sound of water running and slashing down as five took his shower. She went back to looking at the bracelet and she let out a gentle sigh. She decided she needed a break so she stood up and walked towards the door. She slowly turned the handle and opened it to not make any noise. She looked back at the shower room and thought about five, she wasn't completely leaving, she was only going for a few minutes. So why did she feel guilty about leaving him alone? She looked back and pulled the door open some more and slowly walked out, closing the door gently behind her.

She started to walk down the balcony and to the stairs. As she walked downstairs she saw a man smoking cigarettes as he leant over the balcony Barrier. She walked up to him. He seemed rather miserable and like he wouldn't care about a kids wellbeing. She stood next to him and spoke up. "Got any more of those?"

The man looked at her confused and chuckled a bit. "You smoke?" He asked in an amused tone. "Used to." "How old are ya'?" "Old enough." The man chuckled again and reached into his pocket to pull out a fresh box of cigarettes and a spare lighter. He handed them to the girl and went back to smoking his own cigarette. "Thanks" y/n muttered as she took it. She then opened the box, took out a cigarette, placed it in her mouth and flicked the lighter a few times and lit the end of the cigarette. She took a deep drag and closes her eyes as she blew out the burning smoke.

The man looked at her as she did this, Clearly not expecting this to happen. "You seem like you know what you're doing?" He asked.
Y/n shrugged and took another drag. "My dad smoked. Gave me one every time he did. Surprise I ain't dead yet." She responded.

"Huh? Is that right?" The mad spoke up again. His voice was surprisingly gentle but with no care in it. No concern at all. "Why didn't you say no?"

She shrugged again, took a drag and blew out the smoke. "Dunno. First time I did it I was sixteen. Felt so good I started asking for them.. from my dad, from strangers.. I was addicted."

"Sixteen? You look about 12?" The man was now very confused. He turned to her and dropped his cigarette on the floor, crushing it with his foot to put out the light.

"Thirteen." Said a voice from behind them. They both turned around and five was standing there. He had his suit on that still had one blood on it, and his hair was wet and messy.
Y/n thought he liked kind of, good? Five walked closer to took y/n's arm. "Come on,
y/n. Let's go." He tried to get y/n to go with him.

The man put a hand on fives shoulder and gripped it. He took a step closer to five and now how smile turned to an evil looking one. "I think you've got the wrong idea here, young man. See, this little missy was talking to me-"
The mad didn't get to finish his sentence, because five grabbed the man's arm, flipped it round and snapped the bone at the joint. The man yelped in pain and clutched onto his arm. He looked at five and then hurried away.

Y/n watched as the man started to run off, then looked back at five and rolled his eyes. Five looked a bit angry with y/n, and it was shown in his voice too. "What were you doing with him?" Five asked, pushing for answers.
"Nothing!" Y/n said back with an eye roll as she took another drag from her cigarette. She didn't get to finish it as five pulled it from her mouth and threw it to the floor and stomped on it before she could finish her drag. She coughed at the sudden addition of oxygen and looked pissed. "Five?! What the hell?! I wasn't finished with that!"

Five grabbed y/n's arm and started to walk her back to their room. "That's a nasty habit. I'm not allowing it." He grumbled, not looking at her. She rolled her eyes again and grumbled something under her breath. Five stopped and looked at her. "What was that, huh?" He asked annoyed. Y/n looked away from Him and kept walking. "Nothing.." she mumbled. Five spoke "yeah, thought so." And started to follow behind her.