𝗍𝗐𝗈

𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 drive

𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 drive. This moment. It's like coming home after you've been gone a long long time.

I sang along to the music in the car loudly with my sister. Steven drove and I sat in the passenger seat. My mom sighed, "Leah, can you turn it down a bit, please?"

"Yes, please." My brother agreed.

I nodded, turning it down a bit. My mom smiled, "Thank you. I want you to be better about helping out this summer. Like, don't just leave your dishes in the sink. Load them into the dishwasher. And not just your own dish either, Steven."

He gasped, "Me?"

"Yes," she nodded. "I want you to be good houseguests."

I cut her off with a laugh, "Mom, Susannah has people who clean, doesn't she?"

She sent me a glare in response. My mom was weird about money. The fact that Susannah has a lot and we don't. Laurel sighed, "Just be considerate and act like I raised you right. Steven and Leah, that means don't stay out too late."

He rolled his eyes, "Mom, we're too old for a curfew."

"What about me?" Belly asked, "I don't have a curfew either, right?"

My brother chuckled as he turned around to look at the girl, "What do you need a curfew for? You don't go anywhere."

"Don't be a jackass," My mom yelled.

He shrugged, "What?"

Laurel sighed as she turned to her youngest daughter, "Belly, we'll talk about it when something comes up."

She scoffed before tapping my shoulder, "Leah, don't forget you said you'd take me driving."

I grinned, "Don't worry, Bells. I will."

I leaned out the window as we passed the 'Cousins' sign. It smells exactly the same. Tastes the same. Like it's been waiting for me to get here.

I jumped out of the car as soon as we reached the house. Jeremiah was first out, his golden retriever smile apparent as he brought me into his arms. He held onto my waist as my legs wrapped around his torso and he spun us around, "I missed you so much."

I couldn't contain my smile at his words, "I missed you too, Jere."

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
hi my loves
small jer and leah interaction but don't worry, there are lots more coming. i absolutely adore them. i hope you've enjoyed this chapter!
xoxo