007. the great seven

ch

ch. 0-7 — [ Prologue ]
"The Great Seven"

Y/N and Grim finally made it to the main street. They marveled at the scenery around them. The main campus can be seen from miles away as the trees cover it a bit.

"Wow, so this is the Main Street? This is amazing!" Grim looked around in awe, eyes gleaming with excitement, "I wasn't really able to see much of it yesterday. Hey, What's with these seven statues? They look pretty scary... Like this lady right here, she looks like she got some reeeal anger management issues..."

Y/N looked at the statue that Grim was talking about, "Hm? You don't know who the Queen of Hearts is?" Y/N questioned in sync with someone else.

Y/N turned around to see the person she was in sync with. It was a guy with ginger hair and a uniform that was color red, "Queen of Hearts? Is she a big deal or somethin'?

The mysterious male nodded as he continued, "She was a queen who lived in a garden of roses that was mazelike a long, long, time ago."

"People say that she was a very strict queen who prized order above all. She could never tolerate things like a rose being off-color, or her playing-card soldiers being out of step. She ruled over a kingdom of madness, but not a single person dared to defy her. Because being beheaded is the punishment for breaking a single rule." Y/N explained while Grim's expression changed at the last part.

"Huh!? That is so messed up!" Grim exclaimed, raising his arms up.

The ginger smiled, "Pretty cool, am I right? I'm a huge fan of her. I mean, who would bother obeying a queen that is kind all the time."

"That's true. A leader needs to be strong!" Grim said, now putting his arms on his hips, "But puttin' that aside, who are you?"

"The name's Ace! Freshman here as of today! Nice to meetcha!" Ace introduced himself gleefully.

Grim smirked as he started to introduce himself to Ace, "I'm Grim! A prodigy who's boutta become the greatest mage who ever lived! And that's my far less interesting human, Y/N."

Y/N pulled Grim's ear while he winced in pain, "I'm Y/N L/N. Nice to meet you, Ace."

"OW Y/N! WHAT GIVES!?"

""L/N"? Huh. That name got an odd ring to it." Ace pondered, "Ah! You're a part of the bloodline of that famous L/N family!"

Y/N nodded, letting go of Grim's ear while smiling, "So Ace, Is that lion over there a famous ruler too?" Grim asked, pointing to another statue while rubbing his ear.

"Yeah of course! That's the King of Beasts who ruled the savanna." Ace replied, "But he wasn't born into the throne—he had to earn it through hard work and elaborate schemes. When he became king, he decreed that the hyenas would be pariahs no more, and should live among his subjects as equals."

"He sounds like a good guy! Y'know not everyone's able to look past social status like that. Now, who's the lady over there with the octopus legs?" Grim pointed at another statue again.

Y/N looked at where he was pointing and answered, "Her? She's a Sea Witch who lived in an underwater grotto. She devoted her life to helping troubled merfolk. But, with a price of course. She'd often help with changing appearances, finding love, making people rich, and tons more. A lot say that she was so good, that there was no wish she couldn't grant. But they also say that the price for the wish to be granted was quite big. But she can grant any wish so of course the price is big."

"Myaha! So you're sayin' that when I'm a great mage, gettin' rich off folks will be a total cinch!? Oh, oh! How about that dude with the huge hat next?"

"He's the Sorcerer of the Sands. He was an advisor to a total doit of a sultan. He was a smart guy. Really capable sort. He exposed this swindler once—some guy pretending to be a prince to trick the princess! After that, he got this magic lamp and became the greatest sorcerer in the world. then, they say he used that power to become sultan himself!" Ace responded gleamingly.

Grim's eyes beamed with admiration, "Woah! I guess it's true that a mage needs to be an excellent judge of character, huh? How about that beautiful lady?"

"Ah, she's a queen who was said to be the fairest in all the land. In fact, she used her magic mirror to check how she ranked on a basis. When it looked like her position was threatened, they say she'd do whatever it took to keep it like it was. Imagine the dedication level required to keep a record like that... They also say that she was a master at making poisons." Y/N acknowledged. 

"Yikes... She beautiful and all, but that sounds reeaally scary." Grim's face cringed, his eyes and attention fixated on another statue, "Now that one there! The one with the firelike hair! Now that guy looks scary!"

Y/N and Ace did the same as Grim while Ace explained, "He is the King of the Underworld! Single-handedly ruling a kingdom packed with rambunctious spirits—that takes competence! he may look scary, but he was a straight shooter who worked tirelessly at a tough job he never even asked for. I mean, this is a guy who was ordering Cerberus, the Hydra, and the Titans into battle for him."

"Hmm... He is something. To think he could have that much power and not let it go to his head!" Grim marveled, "And the last one there, the one with the horns?"

Y/N happily volunteered to explain to Grim, "Now as for her, she's the one I look up to the most. She is the Thorn Fairy who lived on a mystical mountain. She was noble and elegant, and a master of magic and curses—even by the standards of these seven! She commanded storms, covered the kingdom with thorns... She could use magic on a massive scale! She can also turn herself into a huge dragon!"

"Woah! A dragon!? what all monsters yearn to be!"

Ace smirked, "They're pretty cool, don't ya think?"

Grim and Y/N nodded in sync before Ace continued with a mischievous smirk,

"Not like some weasel like you."

TO BE CONTINUED . . .