𝟎𝟖 , 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢

( 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 ) ✽𐬺𐬿
𐬻𐬾 𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐑 | 𝚓𝚘𝚑𝚗 𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚗.

" i'll see you ev'ry night, babe, I'll woo you ev'ry day "PISTOL PACKIN' MAMA— al dexter & his troopers

PISTOL PACKIN' MAMA
al dexter & his troopers

     // JOHN COULDN'T SLEEP, not because Evelyn was asleep only five feet from him ( well, that was partly the reason — he found it hard to tear his eyes away from her peaceful sleeping form ) but suddenly, his thoughts ran back to Buck and how he and many others were going in the air without him. He felt almost guilty for not being there.

But then, he would turn to Evelyn and all that guilt and the doubts ran from his mind — that's when he realized she was his safe place, his soft spot, his everything. She always had been, he just hadn't realized it yet.

He wondered how she felt, if she saw him the same way he saw her — how his eyes would light up whenever he saw her, no matter what state of mind he was in, it didn't matter.

Recently he had noticed a slight change in her attitude towards him — it went from never wanting to see him, to being able to tolerate him, to agreeing to go to London for a weekend off with him — Egan would say that's progress.

John's eyes drifted to the photograph he had taken of Evelyn only a few hours prior, admiring her large smile and scrunched nose, he ran his thumb around it, his lucky charm.

He heard a small groan come from Evelyn, and slight movement from the corner of his eye, causing him to place the photo down and turn towards her.

Evelyn rubbed the sleep from her eyes before turning to the window as she heard bombs and sirens going off, her eyes travelled to Egan who sat silently on the chair, who turned back to the window.

"Never been on the business end of a bomb before." Egan said, keeping his eyes on the bombs in the sky, it gave orange hues to the blank blue sky.

Evelyn hummed, because that was also the case for her, she had barely ever missed a mission. But in some ways, it was nice to get away, "Business. A funny word for death." She mumbled to herself.

"I've dropped a lot of those things," Evelyn hummed as John continued, allowing him to rant about whatever he was feeling, "Probably done a lot of killing. Hell of a job." He turned back to Evelyn, noticing her eyes already on him.