1

Warning: There are scenes of involving drugs, and drugging people, and the only warning I am giving for sex scenes. There is going to be plenty of it scattered throughout this book. If that is something you cannot ignore, or want to be a part of, this is not the story for you. 

A small sigh escaped me as I trudged across the office with a bloodied suitcase in hand. I was covered from head to toe in the thick, metallic liquid that most people down here craved. No wonder the boss sent me alone on this mission. I walked into the office without a damn care in the world about who was inside. 

Silver hair pointed upwards like horns upon her head. Crimson eyes tracked my every movement. She stood by a whiteboard behind her desk. Angelic steel-toed slippers clinked as she moved. Large hands effortlessly wrote down different directions. It looked like a new model for a sniper rifle. I glanced over the ideas that were littered over the board. I gently placed the suitcase on her desk for her to review later. The small sound must have alerted her enough from her thoughts. The boss glanced back at me with distaste. 

"You looked like you had fun," she muttered. She glided effortlessly on her tip-toed shoes. "How did it go?" 

"It went fine," I agreed mildly. "We did lose the Sharkuza family as a client." 

"Oh?" Mild interest glittered in her eyes as I took her attention. 

"Not really useful to sell weapons to corpses." With that, her interest fled. She opened the suitcase and found the money that was owed to her. "I got it with interest." She closed the suitcase and slid it aside. 

"Go clean up. No reason to see you in such a deplorable state." I was gone with the wave of her hand. "I need to send you somewhere else today, so make it quick." 

"Can I have a partner this time?" I almost pleaded. Carmilla chuckled at the question. 

"Do you really think you're going to need one to handle the Vee's?" Amusement ghosted her face for a second. "No, you'll be fine. All you are doing is collecting payment from Valentino and confirming the color he wants his next gun to be." I groaned internally. I usually never dealt with overlords, but the Vee's barely counted as such. At least, the way Carmilla always described them, they were fakes at best. I took in a deep breath as I turned away. I felt her eyes concentrated on the back of my skull as I aimed for the exit. 

"Where are you going?" Carmilla questioned. I stalled at the door. 

"To change?" My confusion was evident on my face as I turned to her. "Like you asked?" 

"I have an outfit in the bathroom for you to wear there. Valentino is a puta usually. I bought something for you that would make it impossible for him to take your clothes off." My eyes squinted as I stepped toward her bathroom. A small smile ghosted her face before she turned back to her paperwork. When I walked into the bathroom, I found a black one-piece outfit and angelic slippers. It was similar to what Carmilla usually wore. My brow rose as I slipped into the outfit. It hugged every curve I owned. When I zipped the back of it and walked out, I noticed my boss held up a little lock with her finger. 

"Come here," she motioned with the locked finger. I gulped as her eyes slowly appraised me. She turned me around and locked the zipper on the back of the dress. "There," she stated as I was pushed toward the exit. "Now he cannot get his hands on you. I have the key." The idea made me quiver inside. My throat wanted to close up as I took a breath. We always had these moments where she would do something that made me weak to my knees. It made me hope she was possessive of me, or at least had some attraction to me, but I knew that was impossible. She had way too many better options than me.