⩩06

━━━━⊱❀ • ❀⊰━━━━

Jake stood by the Han River, lost in contemplation as the water flowed serenely

Jake stood by the Han River, lost in contemplation as the water flowed serenely. His reverie was shattered by the familiar sound of clicking heels—a sound he dreaded more than anything.

"How did you get out? And how do you have my number?" Haein demanded, skipping the pleasantries. He turned to face her, a hint of annoyance in his eyes.

"Look, don't piss me off. I'm being generous right now," he warned. She looked puzzled, and he continued, "I accept your proposal."

"What did you say?" Her voice softened, a hint of disbelief lingering as she looked into his eyes.

A wide smile crept across her face, excitement bubbling within her. She took a step forward, her heart racing with anticipation, and without thinking, she jumped to hug him tightly.

But as her arms wrapped around him, she suddenly froze, realizing the intimacy of her actions. His expression shifted from confusion to a mixture of surprise and tension, caught off guard by her sudden embrace.

"Sorry, I got carried away for a minute. Anyway, why the change of heart?"

"Are you in a position to question that right now?"

Her smile was both proud and intrigued as she replied, "Nice... I promise you this game will only last for three days, then we'll go our separate ways."

Leading her to a nearby bench, Jake suggested, "Let's sit down while we talk about my conditions."

With a skeptical expression, Haein awaited his proposal. Jake's words hung in the air, leaving her stunned, "We won't pretend to get married. We'll get married for real. We'll stay married for at least a year, and you're going to live in our house with my family."

Haein's scoff was audible, her frustration evident, "Got it. You're trying to turn a crisis into an opportunity, but I'm not buying it."

Haein's annoyance was palpable as she turned to leave, but Jake swiftly clutched her wrist, pulling her back to his side.

"Why are we getting married for real though?" she asked, her frustration evident.

Jake's grip on her wrist tightened as he explained, "Because I can't accept it the other way around. Let's say you get to the wedding venue, but your father doesn't show up and doesn't stop you. What are you going to do?"