⁰³ | how you get the girl (tw)

tw : eating disorder

°˖➴⸆⸉🩵cornelia🗽

i was going to fucking murder travis.

he broke up with my sister and for what? and now she's just here crying until she can't breathe.

"can you tell me what happened?" i plead. if it's anything like what joe did, i would torture him them kill him.

"he-" she takes a few breaths before continuing. "we argued again when we got home. i was just so fucking stressed over work, and tour, and my film, and music, it all just became too much. i was stressed and i took it out on him. i deserved it, it was all my fault."

i take a minute to process what information i have just been given.

"what the fuck," i shout.

"language. i know i'm sorry i made him break up with me," my heart breaks at taylor apologising.

"hey! i was on about him, not you. you didn't do anything wrong."

"but i did, nela. i made him leave, just like i always do."

🪩

i have to admit, the next 2 weeks were hard. taylor hadn't left her room at all, she hadn't spoke much, she hadn't eaten anything, maybe a sip of water every now and then. i had been taking her food and drinks up to her room, but they were never finished. i don't even think she had showered. all she had done was cry.

"mom? will taylor be okay?" i ask my mom while she preps dinner.

i had been trying my hardest to avoid food as possible, but also trying, to make taylor seem like she can do it too.

"she will be, love. why?" my mom answers blankly.

why? are you kidding? why? because i worry?

"when? because i miss the old taylor. the one who would stay up for hours watching tv with me, the one who would sing for me. i don't even think she's wrote a song while she's been upstairs," i say shocked. taylor being like this is not only hurting herself, it hurts me.

"take this up to her, will you please? can you make sure she at least has a bit of it," i nod and pick up the plate.

"tay?" i say quietly while opening her door.

"mom! i said go away-" she turns around to face me. "oh, sorry nela."

"i have your dinner. it's chicken tenders, i know you love them so please have just a bit," i give her puppy dog eyes i know she can't resist.

"no, i'm not hungry. thanks though," she turns back over.

"i know you are," i move closer in her room. "come on, it's your favourite."

"i just don't have an appetite. leave it on the side and i'll have it later," i sigh giving in.

"okay, but i'll be back," i give her a sad smile before leaving.

i go back downstairs to my mom.

"did she have any?" my mom looks hopeful.

"she told me to leave it there and she'll have some. i said i would go back to check on her soon though," my mom sighs.

"cornelia, i know you love her and want to protect her but she's been here before, and it never ends well. you need to force her to eat or she won't," i look at my mom confused when she says she's been here before.