Chapter One

( Texts )

Theo : How goes it with our friend Mr. Lane Davis?

Charles: It would go better if he would exit that moldy moth ridden closet of his.

Theo : Oh. I thought once he decided to move to DC and take the job at the Academy things were getting more serious?

Charles: Try not to think, Theodore. It's not your strongest suit. Lane moved here because of career opportunities. The powers that be in Bumpous Creek or wherever he grew up cut public school funding so badly that unnecessary things had to go. Like kindergarten teachers. He moved for a job that pays well and the chance to teach older students. He didn't move for any other reason. To the world he's still as straight as President Keller with his Wheaties box looks. No. With us Lane has assured me it's only a sexual matter.

Theo : Thought you liked it that way. Just sex. No strings. Usually no names.

Charles: Stop texting. My appointment is here now. Personal assistant to Senator Hamilton. That republican hack. Why she wants to design a wardrobe for her young son is beyond me.

Theo : You fell for him. Admit it. It's written all over you.

Charles: Stop texting.

Theo : Oh Charles. Does he know?

Charles: Does it matter ? He's not out. And I am not going back in. Case closed. Now go away.