Chapter - 6

Noor pov :

"Guys, you won't believe it, even though I've never been allowed to take off from college or school by my parents, today they themselves told me to take off because their favorite daughter is coming. Yeah, you guessed it right, the daughter of my aunt whom I absolutely hate, not because she is my parents' favorite, but because she always behaves rudely with me."

But do you think I can tolerate it? No, never. I'm not that same soft girl. I have transformed, I guess I really need to transform, because if I always behave like that safe and cute girl, everyone would take advantage of me. And I know how to talk back, but I never did because my parents told me to respect. But if she even said something to me, I would definitely give her a reply.

And only one hour is left, and I have to clean the living area, even though we have a lot of maids. But because of my dear father, I have to do this. My mother is really such a soft and cute person; she always helps me. But my father is very rude. I don't know why he seems to be very rude to me. He talks to Yatrika very well, but he always seems rude to me. He doesn't even talk to me properly.

I still remember that once I scored 99.5% in my 12th boards and told it to my mother. She was literally the happiest person on the planet. She even prepared my favorite food, and we both went shopping together. But in the evening, when my father came home from the office and I told him about my result, he seemed very indifferent, simply saying "it's good, only it's good." Like, what the hell is this? I want to be independent and leave this house.

I still remember the day when I was in 6th grade. Every turning from school to home, I overheard their conversations, where he was shouting at my mother, saying that my mother and I are the same. He didn't even allow me to go to college, claiming that I didn't really need further education. But my mother forced him, or I could say emotionally blackmailed him, into it. He would be physically harsh with my mom, but she always said that once I become independent, they would all be happy.

And I knew that he never wanted a daughter. He seemed to think that girls were only meant for marriage and to be dependent on their parents. That's why he usually cursed my mom. He didn't say anything directly to me, but his ignorance and silence hurt me deeply. That's why I often felt very depressed and insulted.

I was lost in my thoughts when my mother came to me and said, "Beta, you must be tired. Go rest in your room, I'll take care of it."

"No, Mom, I'm not tired yet," I said to her, shaking my head. She took the duster from my hand and started doing the work. I knew you would never listen to me, so I went back to my room.

I went into my room and dressed in a plain kurti. My father always said that girls are not allowed to wear revealing dresses or even comfortable clothes in the house.

 My father always said that girls are not allowed to wear revealing dresses or even comfortable clothes in the house

Soon, I heard a car honk, and I knew trouble was coming. So, I took my dupatta and moved to the living room, where I saw my adorable bua and my least favorite cousin ever.