18

AN: before we start, do you guys like the new theme? 🫶🏼🚢

Jack and the ship seemed to merge into once force of power and optimism, lifting her, buoying her forward on a magical journey, soaring onwards into a nice without fear.

Many people smile, happy that Rose has found her person.

In the crows nest, high above and behind them, lookout Frederick Fleet nudges his mate, Reginald Lee, pointing down at the figures on the bow.

"Wish i had those bleedin' binoculars"

Rose looked down, a hint of blush on her cheeks, not realising they were being watched, but even so, nothing compares to the embarrassment of her whole school watching her be in a man's embrace, she can imagine their faces when they see-

Jack and Rose, embracing at the bow rail, Dissolve slowly away, leaving the bow of the wreck-

many people, who we're embracing the moment feeling like they we're with Rose in this moment, frowned at the ruined mood.

Old Rose blinks, seeming to come to the present.

Hermione frowned as she watched Rose out of the corner of her eye, she had a theory and but she prayed to Merlin it was incorrect and it was just her overthinking.

She sees the wreck on the screen, the sad ghost ship deep in the abyss

"i find it quite hard to believe that this is the same boat we were just looking at" Mcgonagall speaks up, her tone laced with sadness and disbelief.

"that was the last time the titanic ever saw daylight"

this caused some people to gasp, as Rose's close friends and family watched her with disbelief and proudness at her managing to survive it, no one even thought Rose could've been on the ship when it sank.

"Merlin" Ron breathed out, pityingly. He hated the thought of his sister in all but blood, having to fight for her life, alone, with no use of magic.

Dumbledore frowned, looking away from Rose not wanting her to feel overwhelmed. He felt guilty, partly because he knew he was keeping Rose only for her to be killed, and seeing how much challenges she's faced, he feels pity for her.

Whilst others we're thinking, the majority of the great hall we're wondering if rose had perhaps broke the ministry rules by using magic, she couldn't have survived- not without magic...couldn't she?

Brock Lovett changes the tape in the mini cassette record.

"so we're up to dusk on the night of the sinking. Six hours to go" Brock concluded.

The hall was full of tension, aware of the horrors they we're gonna face, and what the impact might be. But none was as scared as Rose, who was so pale in the face she could've been mistaken for Headless Nick. She didn't think she could see Jack dying again, nor the scared face of her aunt shouting for her to get back on the boat, nor the sounds of the crying children, nor the sounds of the parents whispering their children to sleep so they arnt in pain.