Forty-Three

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE.

Jacob has had enough.

✰✰✰✰

Jacob woke up early to go for a morning run. He needed to clear his mind, which was troubled by Klaus' constant reminders to keep his promise. Klaus also wanted Jacob to keep an eye on Jeremy and Damon, ensuring the young hunter followed Klaus' orders. Meanwhile, Katherine was on Jacob's mind since she had returned to town and made it clear that she wanted him. She wasn't going anywhere until she got what she wanted.

Jacob was sweaty and a little calmer when he returned to the motel room. He took his room key from his short pockets and unlocked the door; he needed a shower. He sighed when he saw who was lying on his bed. "What are you doing here, Katherine? How did you even get inside? I know Grace didn't let you in." Grace would've slammed the door in Katherine's face instead of letting her inside.

"I waited until Grace left with Rebekah," Katherine informed Jacob. "The nice guy at the front let me in after I told him I was your girlfriend and wanted to surprise you. However, I don't think he was listening since he was busy doing something on his phone." It was the only reason she got the key. She snatched his phone and smashed the thing on the desk, slammed his head against the desk, and then threatened to end his life if he didn't give her what she wanted. The guy said something about wanting to quit his job, but she took no notice as she had more important things to deal with.

"That doesn't explain why you're here," Jacob said as he took off his t-shirt and carelessly tossed it aside.

Katherine's eyes roamed Jacob's body, taking in every inch of him. She couldn't help but feel a rush of excitement as she looked at him. She licked her lips, suddenly wanting to be closer to him. She stepped forward, closing the distance between them, and looked up at him.

With a hint of a smile, Katherine spoke softly, "Jacob, I've already told you that I want you." Her voice was low and husky, filled with desire. She couldn't deny how attracted she was to him and how much she wanted to be with him. Katherine looked Jacob up and down and licked her lips, liking what she saw.

Jacob let out an exasperated sigh and rolled his eyes. "Good to know," he muttered under his breath as he searched for a clean towel. Once he found one, he made his way to the bathroom to take a shower. However, to his annoyance, Katherine didn't seem to take the hint and followed him inside the bathroom. He turned to her with a raised eyebrow, "Are you going to stand there and watch me take a shower?" he asked, his tone laced with sarcasm. Despite the awkwardness of the situation, Jacob wasn't even bothered by Katherine's presence as it wasn't the first time she had seen him without clothes.