P1: Arrival.

A figure coated in dark mist watched another potential pilot complete the gauntlet, yet they knew they could do much better. With the chaos in the boy's world, The Advocate found a new pilot to send into the unknown to unlock their potential...

------------------------------------------------------

I had just finished shaving the splotches of stubble off of my face, leaving it smooth. My greenish-brown eyes looked over my work, "not bad," I say to myself, "I didn't cut myself this time..."

My name is Garnet Iwatani. I am 20 years old and am working a stable job at one of the stores nearby. I pay my rent and play my games on my off days, knowing that this will be the routine for the rest of my days. While I've come to accept that upward mobility is but a dream, I still can't help but wonder. I mean, I like this quiet life, but the desire for action and adventure still burns within me.

It had been at least a year since I burnt myself out on Titanfall 2, the pandemic which I hold partly accountable for my current life messed me up in regard to social affairs. But I still had my friends online. I still remembered enough of the basics to place decently on the board, yet it didn't feel good enough. Once more that learned need to be number one tried to take over, and once more I suppressed it. I had managed to make number 3 on the leader board, barely ahead of S. Fukuda. 

Proud of myself, I went to talk to ol' Lastimosa... Unaware of how it would change my future...
I've done this before but when I spoke with him, this time a third option appeared. Me being the curious pilot I am, choose it. The Ark appeared in-game and I was prompted to interact with it, so I did.

My eyes widened as the air around me started to have the same effect as that of a dropship warp. I blinked and found myself standing in a forest next to a building. My pajamas remaining the same.

"D-Did I just... " I noticed a letter in my hands, opened it, and read it,

"'Dear pilot, your skill has not gone unnoticed. I have sent you to world which you should be vaguely familiar with, this world lived in harmony until the fire nation attacked. Now, this world is stuck in a 100-year war... You are the first pilot I have sent here. Set up a stable command base and more pilots shall join you. I have left you the resources, equipment and weapons to do so... The AI-chip for your NorthStar is in the Smart Pistol in the red crate.'
-The Advocate"

I read the letter once again to be sure, then I pinched myself, to ensure that this was not a dream, I felt pain. Please let this be a very real dream...

I went to the red crate and got a Grapple Pilot Suit (Warship Urban camo) and grabbed the Smart Pistol. Some would've called the Smart Pistol a cheat, me included. But in battle, your enemy will not hesitate to use every trick on you. Should this be more than a dream, I intend to do the same...

The last part of the letter mentioned an AI-Chip... I checked the Smart Pistol and found the chip in a hidden compartment by the mag-release. I kept it in there for now, I entered the building and found a NorthStar-class Titan, (it had stoic dark for both weapon and chassis camo, with no markings,) looking at it meant that it was supposed to be used for stealth.  I finally took out the AI-chip and inserted it into the titan's data core. As the AI was getting used to its new chassis, I went and checked on the inventory of the other crates that were in the building.

The Advocate really went overkill here. I got multiple items, 10 instant core chips, 20 weapon amp chips, and 10 backup battery boosts, (there was also a note that said that the chips are compatible with my titan,) I also found an Extra Ammo Speed Loader R-201, and Extra Ammo Speed Loader SMR, (with 10 extra mags each), an Extra Ammo Speed Loader Kraber, and a Speed Loader Thunderbolt, (with eight extra mags each), and a suppressed RE-45 Auto, (with 15 extra magazines.) 

You could make a squad of pilots with this much equipment...  Was I going to have the entire Fire Nation gunning for me? With this in mind, I found, cleaned, and slept on a couch inside of it, mind filled with worry for the future should this be more than a mere dream...