chapter 5

I wake up my mum barging into my room, her face says it all. Something bad happened.
"Angelica! " she called pulling out her phone, I groaned and sat up

"Yeah?" I mumble, my voice is raspy from the lack of moisture in my throat.
"Something happened in your school!" She said, her eyes looked too wide for normality, I reach out and take the phone in my hands, before looking at the screen.

𝘑𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩,15,𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳 10, 𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 5:00𝘱𝘮, 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘞6, 𝘯𝘰 𝘴𝘶𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘴, 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘨𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯.

I frown, poor kid, he's so young. What's this feeling? Sympathy? Yuck. I hate it. I hand the phone back to my mother and just stare into space for a bit.

"Does that mean these no school? " I ask, curious about how the school will handle the situation, they won't make us go into school after a kid died..... Right?

"Let me check my emails" My mother scrolled through her phone to go into her gmail, before opening the app and seeing an email.
She reads it out "Dear all parents & carers, we are sad to in from you that a student has been murdered in the math block in our school; However, we can't close the school for a few days due to some peoples schedules, so, to gather my point, make sure your kids avoid the math block for a while until everything is sorted - Mr Davidson. "

"It's almost like he WANTS to go in the math block." I said sarcastically, my mother gave me a glare, pretty much telling me that wasn't something to joke about. I raise my hands quickly so we don't argue, she nods and starts walking out my room. She pauses in front of the doorframe, before turning her head to look at me.

"Angelica, be careful, alright?" She asked Inna soft tone, huh, I guess one dude dies and we might in her eyes.
"I will" I mumble before standing up,she gives me a nod and leaves the room, closing the door. I slide off my bed, I look myself in the mirror, I don't bother brushing my hair and just go to my dresser.

I open the drawer with my bras, I lift up one bit of the drawer and take out two, I put one sports bra on backwards then another one normally making it seem like a homemade binder, I'm happy about that.
I look at it in my body happily for once, before remembering I need to get dressed before anyone sees me like this.
I take out my white collared shirt and slide it over my pale and skinny arms before buttoning it up, I take the tie and tie it up around my neck, making sure it isn't too tight so I can breathe.

I put my socks on, then my trousers, I put my belt the wrong way round so I need to do it again and again because I missed the correct hole. Jesus, I need more sleep, this isn't normal.
I finally put it on the normal way, move my hair from my neck and face and then put on my black shoes, I pick up my blazer and put it on as well.

I walk out my bedroom door to see Alex sitting on the couch not even dressed. My blood boils, I don't understand why, but it just does.
"Why aren't you dressed?" I hiss from upstairs, he looks up from the tv.
"Chill sis, we have 12 more minutes" he called from down stairs, waving his hand as if to shoo me away.
"Yeah, 12 minutes to pack our bags and leave. Not 12 minutes to wait for you to dress then wait another 12 to do everything we needed to do now! " I snap back, I don't know why I'm so bothered about it, why am I so over dramatic?

"It's not that deep, we have until 8:40" he replies, his tone getting more stern and annoyed.
"Yeah but every single day ever since year 7 we left before 7:50!" I say, my voice slightly breaking at the random pitch change.
"So what? How does it matter if we leave a few minutes later? " he rolled his eyes.
"Everything! My schedule will be messed up!" I say, folding my arms. I sound like a stuck up kid, but this matters to me, why can't he see that?

"All I hear is 'me me me' how about you take notice of others and stop being so selfish." I hissed, his voice rough. I feel anger burn in my body, this is only how much anger he gives me. No one else annoys me this much.

"Get dressed!" I raised my voice a little to high and my mum comes into the living room.

"Oi, both of you shut up, Angelica sit down and Alex get dressed" she orders us, but I'm in no mood to be told what to do, I snatch my bag from the table and walk out, I hear my mother yelling at me to get back but I ignore her.