Chapter 4 | It could be anyone

::10:55AM;

"Chester."

"Doesn't it look cool!?"

"WHERE'D YOU EVEN GET GOOGLY EYES???"
In five minutes they would have to turn in the project, and currently they were in the school hallway going back and forth debating what to do about the project.

"I brought them, duhh! But thats not the point, you know our teacher, he will definitely like it!"
Chester was more than proud of his work, Mandy crossed her arms and gave it some more thought, truth be told he was right, but she still felt betrayed in some way.

"You're right on that, but I told you not to ruin the project! Now the details I painted can't even be seen.."

"Well, if it makes you feel better, the one and only Chester did see the details. You're a great painter! Now go go, turn the project in."
And so they went to class and turned it in, they got an A for it, which was pure validation for Chester and his ego, Mandy didn't like the smug smile she received from his side.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Halfway through the class, Mandy got hit in the back of her head with a paper, she looked behind with an irritated look only to see Emz pointing towards the paper with an apologetic look.
She picked it up and opened the letter.

"Girl the valentine's dance is next week, have you been invited yet?"
Was written on the paper with a purple marker, Mandy took a green pencil and wrote back

"No, I didn't even know about it."
She passed it back to Emz, and she wrote something and did it again. This went back and forth until there was a conversation that had 5 people involved happening on that paper.

(AN: 🟪-is emz, 🟩-is mandy, 🟨-charlie, 🟥-lola, ⬜-colette)

🟪-"You didn't!? #OMG! We totally should have a sleepover"

🟩-"With who exactly?"

🟪-"Let me ask"

...
...
...

⬜-"I THOUGHT MANDY WOULD BE THE FIRST TO BE INVITED OUT"

🟥-"true girl.."

🟩-"WHY WOULD YOU ASSUME THAT!?"

🟨-"The guy next to you, duuuhh"

🟩-"EW! AS IF!"

🟪-"Mandy we can see right through you! #teencrush"

🟥-"Enough chit chat, sleepover tonight, who's offering to host?"

🟩-"I could, I guess"

🟪-"#SlumberParty"

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

The notes had to come to a stop since the teacher noticed them, but it was set. Tonight after school they would all go over to Mandy's place, haven't had a sleepover in a long time!

The day went by quickly after that, only a few easy classes that were more fun than boring, and they were all free to go. Without much discussion, the girls all went over to Mandy's house, and in only a hour everyone made themselves comfortable.

Mandy was sitting on the bean bag mentioned yesterday, Emz was on the bed holding onto a pillow, Colette was getting her nails painted by Lola and Charlie sat on the floor participating in the conversations going on.

"So you guys all got invited to the dance?"
Mandy asked anxiously, her attention was on whatever the others were saying, but she couldn't help but pick at her nails while waiting for answers, she didn't even know about this!

"I got invited by Gray, honestly a bit unexpected but I don't mind!"
Lola answered while finishing the right hand of Collette, the white haired girl seemed to adore this black nail polish!

"Uhuhuu!! I got invited by Edgar, speaking of which, my nail polish will match his!!"
Mandy sighed deeply, just what was this!?

"Honestly I thought Chester would invite you Mandy, he obviously likes you."
Emz had extra information about everyone, Chester happened to follow her blog so that was even easier for her.
"You're the only girl he picks on! Please he's totally after your attention."

"But how do you know? If he picks on me, doesn't it mean he doesn't like me much? Or sees me as just a friend"
Mandy was oblivious, a lot of signs about her body language showed nervousness, the thought of being asked to the valentine's dance by Chester just made her feel all fluttery!

Charlie knew just how to answer tho.
"Mandy, listen. Haven't you ever heard about that phrase, boys will make fun of the girls they like?"

"Oh yes! Edgar used to make snarky comments to me too!"
Colette commented, her voice loud and energetic as usual.
"PLUS! If there wasn't something between you and Chester, his hat wouldn't be right next to that thing you're sitting on!"

"WHAT!?"
The candy girl quickly turned around only to see that jester hat right behind the bean bag, she picked it up and placed it on her lap, taking a deep breath and preparing to explain.

"He—"

"HE WAS OVER AT YOUR PLACE!?"
Emz asked ridiculously loud, Colette and Charlie squealed as if they're seeing a romance movie reach its interesting part.

"We had a project to do!"
Mandy's cheeks turned red as she looked off to the side, Emz was more than ready for this.

"Girl and he had to stay over? Did you cuddle to sleep too?"
She made her voice more high pitched, as if she was babying Mandy

the other girl wasn't having it tho, she waved her hands in a defensive way and shook her head
"No! He slept on the couch, I'd never be so close to Chester."

"Oh dear just give him a chance, if he doesn't ask you out, why don't you ask him instead?"
Lola suggested, Mandy had to appreciate her for being so collected and not agitated like the others, it made her nervous

"He'd probably just make fun of it.. I rather not go to the dance at all."

"You're overthinking it, he's obviously head over heels! He so happens to follow my blog, and when I asked who everyone is inviting he replied with a green heart and candy emoji."
Emz was more than confident that the emoji combo stood for Mandy, she had green hair and her whole theme was Candies!

"Green is his colour, and candy could be anyone.. I don't want to feed into delusions!"
Yeouch, it really could be anyone. Just the thought of that made Mandy angry, she couldn't stand the image of Chester with another girl!

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

The subject soon ended, and they spent the rest of the night by watching movies, gossiping, cooking and all kinds of stuff. Mandy couldn't be more happy with her friends.

~1080 words