The Rescue

Jackson's POV

"Thank you." I tell the cashier as I grab the bags and walk out. I put them in the trunk and shut it. It is weird not being in the same proximity as her. She has not left my mind. Last night I had to control myself seeing her in my shirt and nothing else. After being in my thoughts the whole drive I realize I am already back to the house. As I pull up to the gate, it won't open. That is weird. I push the button again. Nothing. I get out of the car and run to the control box. It is shot up. Who the fuck shot it?

"AMELIA!!!" I yelled. No response.

I take off running. I grab my gun from the holster and realize the front door is open wide. She is gone. I grab the piece of paper that is on the kitchen counter.

"You can't save her. She will be dead soon. Don't worry, we will kill you after her."

I rip the paper up and run to the car. I pull out of the gates and speed down the highway. I am not losing her. I can't.

As the miles stretch before me, the weight of his words pressing down on me, the only thought echoing in my mind.

Amelia.

I can't lose her.

Do they think I would leave her without having a way to track her? The necklace I gave her she wanted from the farmers market had an opening in it. I put a tracker in it while she was sleeping. She had no clue.

I pulled out my phone and opened the tracking app. 26 minutes away. I ran to the car and put it in reverse.

I pulled up to an abandoned warehouse. I got out of the car and grabbed the gun. I put it in my holster. They have several men here. I pulled the car to the building right behind the warehouse. It is an old shed. I got out of the car and quietly made my way to the back door. I was able to get it open and slip in. Two men were standing in front of a steel door. I am guessing that is where they have Amelia. I took the pistol out and aimed it at the head of one of them. He didn't have a clue. I shot him right in the back of the head. He fell over. His friend looked up. I shot him right in between his eyes. I took a key from the second guy's pocket and unlocked the door. I opened it slowly. The room was empty. No Amelia.

I walk down the hallway. There are a couple of men sitting at a table playing cards. "Hey, did you hear a gunshot?" I asked.

"No," he replied.

"Well, there was one." I shot them both in the head. They didn't have a chance to react. I heard a woman's scream. That was Amelia. She is alive. I ran down the hall and opened the door. A man was standing over her.

He had her bent over the bed, shirt was ripped off, exposing her breasts. He was unbuckling his belt. She was kicking her legs trying to get away.

"GET THE FUCK OFF HER." I yelled. I ran over to him and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt.

"This bitch is mine. Her father owes us." he says.

I slam him into the wall. His head made a large dent in the wall. "Who sent you?"

He just laughs. I punch him in the gut and throw him on the ground.

"You'll die for touching her." I say.

"You won't get far," he says.

I lift my boot and slam it into his head.

He stops moving.

I turn to Amelia. She is still struggling. "Amelia, I need you to listen to me," I say.

"You are here," she replies.

"Yes. I need you to calm down."

"He hurt me," she whimpers.

Fighting the tears in my eyes, I sweep her off the bed. I hold her in my arms as I walk her out to the car. I set her in the passenger seat.

"Where are we going?" she asks, her voice trembling.

"We can't go back to the house. They know where it is."

"Where will we go?" she asks, the tears streaming down her cheeks.

"We will drive until I find somewhere safe." I say with reassurance.