Chapter 14: Must Be Love

Been Through - EXO

★・・・・・・★

CHARLES' POV

"Charles!" I hear Julianna exclaim as she runs up to me, engulfing me in a huge hug in the middle of the airport.

I chuckled, and wrap my arms around her despite everything I'm holding. I kiss her forehead gently. "I've missed you too, Julie,"

She looks up at me, face still pressed against my chest, and she looks adorable. I smile at her as she pulls away.

"These are yours," I say, stretching a small bouquet of lilies out for her to take. "I got a small one since we have to fly with it,"

"Thoughtful, as always," she says, grabbing it. "Thank you, Charles,"

"You're welcome. Let's go, dear," I suggest. "Let's make our way to the jet lounge,"

"Your call," she beams.

I grab her hand in mine, leading her with me through to the VIP section of the airport. She seems intrigued by it; she looks cute this way— her eyes are shining like christmas lights, and her body seems to ooze out a childlike wonder.

"First time?" I chuckle out, amused by her amusement.

"Of course," she says in a matter-of-fact tone. "Who can really say that they've been to this part of an airport, much less frequent it? But I guess this is CDG after all. It's too busy for celebrities in here,"

"Touché", I agree. "But I can't really walk around Monaco as a Monegasque anymore either,"

"Must be sad," she hums. "London and Paris are both huge cities, I'll always blend into the crowd at the end of the day,"

"That sounds nice," I reply. "I wish I could do that back home. Sometimes, I miss just being Charles from Monte Carlo, and not Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrari, you know?"

"I get it," she understands. "I guess everyone has different dreams. When I was younger, I used to want to be super famous— like you in Monaco— but everywhere. But now that I'm a little bit famous, I guess, I appreciate the little bits of privacy I get,"

"You really do appreciate it more the less of it you get," I sigh. "But I wouldn't change it for the world— this was my lifelong ambition afterall,"

"I'm proud of you, my love," she says, and as usual, my heart skips a beat. "Can we get coffee before we get on the plane?"

"There'll be coffee on the plane, dear," I say. "But if you want a specific kind, then sure,"

She smiles, "the plane-coffee will do, then. I wasn't quite sure how fancy we were getting with a private plane,"

"You'll have to get used to it if you plan on sticking around," I joke.

"Oh, don't worry," she replies quickly. "I can get used to this," she gestures widely to the quiet, luxurious lounge we find ourselves in front of. "I mean c'mon," she starts again. "Your name is embossed on the door!" she exclaims, pointing excitedly at the 'Charles Leclerc' engraved onto a sign on the wall.

"If you like it so much, I'm going to need them to engrave your name too," I suggest, pushing the door open for both of us.

"Oh stop it," she rolls her eyes playfully, sitting on the black leather couch in the room, plopping her bags down.

Time passes quickly, and before I know it, 2P.M. arrives, and we're on our way to Monaco. The plane ride is smooth, and Julianna quickly finds herself comfortable enough to fall asleep on my shoulder. I take a picture of her for myself, staring at it satisfactorily before turning my phone off and trying to get that little bit of rest too.