006

It's been almost three hours since Isaac and I got back home, and we were now all sitting at the table, me in between Isaac and Parker again. Katherine and George looked really mad, and they were staring at the walkway to the door.

I leaned closer to Isaac, "What's going on with them?" I asked him, figuring he should know.

"Their mad because Cole and Jackie aren't back and they've called him multiple times, but he didn't answer," He told me, I nodded my head and sat still, not daring to try and grab some food when the adults are mad, Isaac leaned in once more, "Also, Jackie told Katherine."

We all were sitting quietly, Isaac, Lee and I were having a little conversation and everyone else was talking amongst themselves, and very slowly grabbing food, besides for George and Katherine who were deadly quiet, and only looked at each other.

Everyone in the room went quiet when we heard the door open, followed by Cole's voice.

"Is there anything left? Cause I am starving," His voice got louder as he neared the room.

"Hey, you know you're supposed to call if you're running late, right?" George spoke immediately, "I mean that's the whole reason you have the phone."

"Where have you guys been?" Katherine followed.

Cole grabbed a piece of food and stared talking while eating, "Yeah, we, uh, went to the watering hole. Lost track of time."

"Listen, I-" Jackie started but got interrupted by George. 

"Jackie, excuse me. Hey, Cole, you know anything about a bet with Isaac this morning?"

I tapped Isaacs leg aggressively, a part of a little frustration, and a big part of someone snitched. I looked up to Jackie to see she had sadness and be trail all over her face. 

I'm guessing she didn't know the person she was just with, was a part of the bet.

"No. No, doesn't ring a bell," He lied through his teeth.

"I didn't get that," George told him, his anger slowly seeping through.

"Seriously, Cole?" Katherine added, looks like they know when he lies.

"It was a joke, okay?" He scoffed and continued eating, while I stared at Jackie who looked hurt even worse. 

"Maybe ask Jordan what he's got on camera," Alex spoke up, shocking and betraying everyone.

Everyone started bombarding him, clearly angry.

"Jackie, I don't even know what to say," Katherine spoke, "I'm so sorry."

"I have to fix my hair."

She started walking away, and she looked at me and shook her head, telling me not to follow her.

"Can I at least help?" Katherine tried.

"No, thank you." Jackie slightly yelled, and everyone heard her footsteps going up the stairs.

"Jordan," George spoke again, "Go get the camera."

I looked down and ate silently along with the rest of the kids, no one dared to speak after the second ruined dinner we've had since being here.

After the dreadful dinner was over, Isaac, Lee, Danny and I all sat in the living room and put on a movie. 

Danny chose first, since he does movie studying, but he chose one we all would be at least a little interested in, since he wanted us to have a little enjoyment after everything.

He chose a movie which I had never heard of, but it was about this guy who goes on this mission to find his dad who went missing, and the police wouldn't help him, and it was really good.

"Can I choose the next movie?" I asked them, when the movie was nearing the end.

"Sure," They all spoke.

"Unless it's a chick flick or whatever, then you can't," Isaac said suddenly.

"Sure buddy, I'm pretty sure you would love chick flicks actually," I laughed, Lee joined me.

I chose cars as the next movie, since it is one of my top favorite animated movies, plus who doesn't like cars?

The movie was peaceful and quiet, besides for Lee and Isaac making small talk during all the best parts, and by that, I mean the whole movie. 

After the movie I decided I should probably check on my sister, so I went to our room and saw her laying down staring at the ceiling.

"Hey Jacks, you okay?" I asked sitting on the edge of her bed. She didn't say anything just nodded her head, "Do you want to talk about it?"

She shook her head, so I nodded silently, tapped her leg and stood, cursing myself mentally, because I didn't know how to comfort her, Lucy was always the one who did that, me and Jackie weren't close like that, but we were close.

I grabbed some clothes and my shower bag and went to the bathroom, so I wasn't having to deal with the boys and everyone's 'schedule' in the morning.

My shower took probably an hour, since most of the time I was just standing there staring at the wall, brushing my hair out with my fingers and thinking about everything that's already happened in the past couple days since moving here.

Jackie hasn't eaten with us one time, every time dinner comes around something happens with Jackie, there's apparently a girl who already doesn't like Jackie because of Cole, which doesn't really make sense to me, cause literally everyone likes Jackie. 

And finally, I met a really cute boy, who is actually nice to me, and doesn't just want to get in my pants, at least I don't think.

During my thinking time, I realized I need to do something about one of those problems. 

I could probably start with getting Jackie to eat dinner with everyone, and make my way through, but also maybe not do anything about the guy, because I'm not sure how he feels, and it could be the exact opposite of what I feel. 

I'm not saying I like him or anything, but he's kind and funny and cute, so no, I don't like him, but I do find him interesting, and want to spend more time with him. Maybe that's where I can start with this.