Chapter 18

The next few days I stayed in my room getting systematic visits from the four who had claimed me. King had almost put a hole in the wall when Escanor informed him of what happened but i begged all of them not to hold any hate towards their boss. Ban always brought me food and Gowther would bring books and read to me.

I was never alone unless I wanted to be. But when I was alone the fight between Ban and Meliodas would regularly play in my head, and I wondered what would've happened if I hadn't gone to see him that night. If I had just left myself oblivious.

I was snapped out of my thoughts though as a knock sounded on my door. Ban came through the door wearing a smile, he walked over leaning down, placing a kiss on my cheek before standing back up and sitting near my feet.

"Diane and Merlin want to see you, they said that they were gonna go drink some lemonade in the back garden and would love for you to join them." He said as though it was unheard of. I nodded, smiling.

"I think it would be nice to get some sun." I say setting the book down i had been reading, Gowther had left it with me and it was quickly becoming one of my favorites. I brought my legs over the side of the bed and stood walking toward the walk in closet. I never knew why they thought I needed so many clothes or such a big closet but I never complained about it.

I grabbed a yellow sundress that had a sweetheart neckline and tieable straps for each arm. I held it up to see how far down it would go and saw its reach just above my knees. I smiled, a genuine smile. Dressing up always made me feel nice, and I used it as self care when I felt like it. I got dressed sliding on a white wedge heel securing the strap around each ankle and for the final touch I put my hair back with a white ribbon, before walking back into my room seeing Ban scrolling through his phone.

"I'm ready!" I said doing a little spin to show off what I chose before stopping, facing him again. "What do you think?" I asked, smiling at him.

His eyes scanned me before meeting my eyes, a small smile evident. "You look amazing princess." He said standing up and walking over, placing a quick kiss against my lips. He held me close for a minute before he turned holding my hand in his. He walked me down to the back patio when we ran into one of the butlers. "Hey Gil! Could you take her to Diane and Merlin?" He asks the pink haired butler, who curtly nodded. "Sorry princess but I have to go deal with some business, have fun with the girl though." He said, placing a quick kiss on my cheek and then leaving me with the butler.

I followed the butler, careful not to get lost in the giant garden, i noticed he had a pitcher and some cups as I walked and then the table came into view. The two women waiting for me talked together until they noticed me.

"I'm glad you joined us." Merlin said from her spot across from me and Diane nodded smiling from beside me. I smiled at them.

"Thank you for inviting me." I say looking around the garden around us as the butler poured us some lemonade. My mouth watered at the sight as I grabbed the glass he handed me saying a quick thank you. I swirled my straw around in it smiling. We made small talk for awhile and I listened to them talk about work, though they couldn't talk in detail around me much it was still nice to listen to them talk.

After an hour of sitting in the sun Merlin suggested moving under the tree cover so we could cool off a little, to which I happily agreed as I felt the warmth against my skin. I didn't fail to notice how Diane stayed close to me as we walked to our new destination. And after we sat down I laid down on the grass, it's coolness against my warm skin was welcomed and apperciated. I smiled looked up at the leaves as the suns streamed through the leaves.

"Do you want to lay your head in my lap?" Diane asked, her eyes staring at me which I'd failed to notice until I heard her sweet voice. I nodded smiling as I repositioned, laying my head in her lap making sure my hair wasn't under me. I felt her fingers comb through the low ponytail I'd created with the ribbon and I let out a little hum.

My eyes traveled over to Merlin to see she was reading a book, my eyes scanned the title yet it was unfamiliar and I thought about asking her about it later. I felt Diane carefully undo the ribbon in my hair. I didn't mind though, it had been so long since I'd had someone do my hair. I felt her fingers skillfully separate strands and tie something into my hair. I eyed Merlin again to see her looking at Diane's hand smiling as she met my eyes.

After a few minutes I felt my Rubin tighten back into my hair but near the end this time and I reached my hand back carefully to feel a braid. I traced it down my head leaning up and turning to Diane smiling. There was a gleam in her eyes as I felt silk run through the braid like a ribbon but I knew it wasn't mine as I felt it tied at the end to hold the braid in place.

After a few more moments of holding eye contact with Diane, a smile painted on my face. I heard Ban behind me.

"Hey princess." He said and I turned to see him smiling down at me, the orange ribbon in my hair snagging his attention. His eyes looked to Diane, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Finally laid your claim?" He asks and I turned, feeling a little stunned as Diane looked up at Ban.

"How could I not?" She asked, smiling before meeting my eyes, carefully taking my hair in hers and playing with my fingers. I relaxed into the idea of being her surprisingly fast as I sat there.