Chapter 25

I had knowledge of where most places were in the house. The gym being one of them as I made my way down to the basement level of the mansion. I walked through the halls, ignoring most of the rooms until I spotted what I had been looking for.

As I stepped through the glass door, the blaring music hit me and I smiled as I saw him. He obviously didn't notice my arrival thanks to the music. He was boxing, his hands flying and hitting hard against the punching back in front of him. His hair tied back into a loose bun, a few stray blonde locks near his face. His normal suit and tie nowhere in sight as he sported gray sweatpants and a white tank.

I sat down on one of the mats where I assumed wrestling and hand to hand was practiced, the water bottle still in my hand, a cool reminder partially to why I was here. He was fast, some of his movements untraceable to my eyes. Finally a few minutes later there was a break to the music and his head hung, his breathing deep. I watched the way his chest rise and fell, deep breaths in and out. My eyes carefully studying him.

His eyes met mine just as the next song started and my heart sped up seeing the sweat on his brow and messy hair that wasn't restrained by the bun. He walked towards me, stopping by his phone pausing it and the music coming over the speaker system stopped. He made his way over sitting down next to me, I looked at him.

His outfit was more revealing than what I was used to seeing him in, I could see how muscular he actually was. I stared at his arms before snapping to and handing him the water. Condensation ran down my fingers as I held it out to him.

"Thank you." He said smiling at me before grabbing it from my hand, cracking it open and drinking it down. I smiled, something I'd found so familiar now that I was with the sins. It was new, but oh so familiar now.

"The others said you needed to let off some steam." I say looking at his hands, his red knuckles the only sign he had been hitting something which surprised me a little with how hard he had been hitting.

My eyes traveled to the tattoo on his shoulder. A red dragon against his skin, the detailing drew my eyes. I'd see Merlin's tattoo and Ban's. The same familiar red, and I wondered what they meant.

A thought for later, I told myself. I looked at his hair. The gold pulled back made my chest flutter as I looked, don't get me wrong, his hair down made him look amazing but seeing his hair pulled back like this was hot.

"You're staring." He said a smirk on his lips as I met his eyes, and I felt a hint of embarrassment at getting caught so blatantly staring.

"Admiring." I corrected playfully, and for the smallest second my attention broke away from him as I thought. What would happen now that Dreyfus's deal had went bad, we're the sons now one of his enemies? Yet the racing of my mind was quickly halted as I heard his voice.

"What're you thinking of beautiful?" He asks and I met his eyes, the green like soothing tea on a raw throat. I shook my head, "it's not important." I stated, matter of factly.

He raised his brow slightly questioningly before taking the answer I had given. I wondered what had gotten him so worked up at the restaurant so I voiced my question, wondering what response I'd get.

"Why'd you hit Dreyfus tonight?" The question was posed and I didn't miss the way his fist tightened slightly, the water bottle in the other hand held steady.

"I don't like disrespect." He stated simply, which was a reasonable answer. I didn't ask anything else about it, not wanting to pry. My eyes flitted to the room around us.

The gym was big, big enough for the Sins to train in and have separate spaces for themselves while training. I hadn't been down here alone, or for myself, yet opting to explore the other aspects of the mansion.