49 Altercation

Nakasakay na sa ambulansya sina Bianca, habang sina Glaiza ay nasa labas na ng ER at hinihintay na lang ang pagdating ng pasyente. She made sure that the saline solution is cold as ice to ensure the effectiveness of the method they will do.

---

GLAIZA

I close my eyes remembering the things that I've learned during our seminars in America regarding induced hypothermia. It's my first time to do it. This would be a trial and error and I will put my license and reputation in this procedure just to save Biancas mother. Wala na akong pakialam kung ano man ang kahihinatnan nito basta I will do my best to make this successful.

Inabangan ko na sila sa labas palang ng ER. I looked at Batchi and she nods knowingly. It's glad that I have my buddy to back me up, kung tutuusin pwede na ding maging doctor si Batchi pero ayaw niya dahil madadagdagan na naman daw ang dadalhin niya which I fully understand dahil nga sa nakatoka din siya sa mga business namin outside hospital premises.

"Batchi let's do it"- I said.

She injected the cold saline on the dextrose and wait for a moment bago ko tiningnan ang sugat and it's indeed the vena cava. The bleeding stop already.

" Forceps..clamp"- I ordered and check the wound.

Nakahinga ako ng maluwag ng makita kong wala ng ibang damage sa parteng puso ng pasyente.

" Dalhin niyo na siya sa operating room. Dr. Collins will do the open chest then I will do the rest. Batchi I want you to assist me. Of all the people here ikaw at ako lang ang may alam sa proseso na ito and I trust your skills and potential"- sabi ko kay Batchi.

I look at Bianca na nakatulala pa din habang tinitingnan ang inang pinapasok sa loob.

" B, you should take a rest. You did a great job"- puri ko.

" Please tell me that I will still see my mom after this"- lumuluhang pakiusap niya.

" Bianca, we promise you. There will be later"- Batchi assured her at iniwan na namin siya with Sanya.

--

Habang naghahandwash kami ni Batchi ay panay ang buntung hininga niya.

" Are uncertain?"- tanong ko.

" I know that we can do this but what will happen if the effect on Bianca's mom is not the way we expect?"- she answered.

" We'll just think that after the operation. It will take an hour to know if the method is successful or not after the surgery. She'll awake sooner or later"- determinado kong sagot.

" How can you be this calm in this kind of situation?"- she ask.

" We are dealing with lives Buddy and no amount of fear will back me down as long as I know we're doing the right thing. Let's go and save your future mother in law"- I tease trying to calm her by teasing her.

" Ssshhh wag kang maingay Tsong baka may makarinig sa'yo!"- namumulang sita niya.

" Why? Isn't it that you and B have this mutual understanding already?"- walang preno kong sabi habang papasok kami ng OR.

" Shut it Tsong!"- inis na niyang turan.

---

" Dr. De Castro we've done already the open chest"- saad ni Dr. Collins.

" Okay, let me take it after here"- sabi ko and positioned myself.