Fern if he wasn't killed by Finn

Recently I learned a new ability, I could change into anyone. I wouldn't be green, heck, I wouldn't look like grass. I soon realized that I could use this ability to my advantage, I could finally do something I've been wanting to do for so long.

I'm tired of being in Finn's shadow. Being a mere clone of him who donks everything up. I can't do anything right and I'm sick of it. I'm so tired of being in his shadow.

But I can't be in his shadow if there's only one of us.

And so, I've carried out my plan. I locked him in some sort of dungeon I found, there was no way he could get out.

I stepped out onto the grassy plain, convincingly disguised as Finn. I felt joy, happiness and relief with each step I took. Although there was this little nagging feeling in the back of my head, telling me I had donked up again. But I made sure it stayed locked up in the back of my head.

"FERN!!!" I heard a familiar voice shout out before I was tackled, I shook myself out, distancing myself from whoever this person was. I looked up to see–

FINN!?

OUT OF ALL THE PEOPLE HERE, IT WAS FINN!

HE COULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN OUT– HE COULDN'T HAVE!!!

I could feel the fury rising up into me, revolting! Here he was, before me, and he didn't look quite happy.

"What the heck, man!?" He shouted out. With no hesitation I launched myself towards him, my grass sword whistling as it whipped out of my arm, pressing its handle against my hand. I gripped it tightly, for a moment I thought I was going to break the handle.

But I have no time to worry about that. I started striking furiously at Finn. I didn't want to play this game, and I thought I didn't have to. But he's making me have to resort to plan B.

Killing him.

The fingers on his mechanical arm started spinning rapidly. That's new.

He started swinging at me, cutting off bits of grass from my body.

With each cut, I was fueled more by anger. I kept attempting to stab him, to cut him, to slice him open and watch him bleed out.

I managed to get one hit, forcing a long, clean cut onto his stomach. Now if only I made that wound even deeper..

I tackled him onto the ground. I'm going to end this. I'm tired of being in his shadow. I'm tired of being number two. I'm sick of it!!

"You don't have to do this-! Fern, please. Let's just stop now and go home and pretend none of this ever happened." His pathetic attempts to reason with me was revolting. SICKENING.

My blade was so close to his throat. I was going to cut his head clean off his shoulders. His artificial arm was pressed tightly against my stomach, which was worrying. Though I noticed he struggled to whirl his fingers and pull off that fancy trick again.

I struggled against him. More and more rage had started to fill me.

But again, there was a nagging feeling in the back of my mind. It's telling me I'm messing up again. I'm so tired of feeling that way. But I'm in a position where he could kill me.

Do I really want that? There's a sinking feeling within me now. I want to keep going, maybe I can kill him. But something urges me to stop.

Almost like I lost control of my body, I jerked away from him, immediately backing off.

I glared at him coldly, I want him to know that I really would kill him. That I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm only shedding a sliver of mercy because–

Well–

I'm not really sure, actually. Why am I even doing this? I want him gone, I want to be the only Finn there is. But is that really what I want? I think so, I think that's what I want. Now I feel more unsure.

I was snapped out of my thoughts at the noise of footsteps coming towards me.

Finn. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I'm tired of being in his shadow.

"Fern." I heard him say sternly. I gripped my blade tighter than before. I don't know whether to let my guard down or stay ready to fight.

After all, I did try to kill him. This would be a perfect chance to try to kill me, I'm sure he'd take this chance. I'm sure of it.

He put his hand on my shoulder. I feel afraid. I feel hate, fear, anxiety. At any moment he could do something to me.

"Let's go home."

That was...

Surprising, to say the least.

He turned away and started walking. I didn't know whether or not to follow him, I didn't know if I could trust him.

There was a deafening silence that was only broken by the small, weak whistle from my sword whipping back into my arm.

I decided to follow him, but I wasn't going to ease down just yet. Who knows what he's up to?!

The whole walk home was silent, I felt like I'd never gotten a time to relax the moment I made it up to the roof. I'm personally shocked that he never tried to kill me the whole way there.

I didn't bother to sink into the leaves, I just laid there, staring up at the sky.

I messed up again, like I always do.

-------------------

A/N: Ignore the fact that its awful i wrote this a WHILE ago lmao

fern my beloved why did you have to die my pookie NOOOO :(((