Chapter 5

Union

After this crazy evening, Leila and Mikey parted ways and Mikey had a meeting with the entire Toman to discuss the future war with Walhalla.

At the temple

Mikey arrives on his motorcycle and joins Mitsuya and Draken.

Mikey : Is everyone here?

Draken : Yes, we can start.

When Mikey erupts, the atmosphere changes and everyone prostrates themselves at his arrival, he climbs the stairs and sits down.

Draken : Today, the subject of the meeting will be the battle against Walhalla.

Mikey : Soon, we'll be adding new members in order to be as numerous as possible against Walhalla, but there's one person in particular who'll be appearing in the Toman and also a new division leader who'll be replacing Pachin.

Everyone wonders if the particular person Mikey is talking about is strong? or influential?

Draken turns to Mikey with a puzzled look on his face, and wonders who Mikey is talking about?

Draken : Let's move on to another subject.

The meeting went on as normal, and afterwards Draken and Mitsuya went over to Mikey.

Mikey : What's up, guys?

Draken : Who's that special person you were talking about at the beginning of the meeting?

Mitsuya : We want to know!

Mikey : No lie, I'm going to get Leila into the Toman.

Draken : Huuu!!!??

Mitsuya : What ???!?!!!

Mikey : She's the one who let me think that.

Draken : But you don't know how strong she is, and what's more, a Toman girl, honestly!

Mitsuya : Draken, I told you about the fight against the Shibuya gang.

Draken : Yes

Mitsuya : Without Leila, we'd have had a harder time of it.

Mikey : I know you have your doubts about this idea, but I know what I'm doing and I'm sure Leila will be a big help against Walhalla.

Draken : I trust you on this one, Mikey.

Mikey : Uh, Mitsuya, you can start making his uniform and those of future recruits too.

Mitsuya : Uh, I need to talk to you in private.

Mikey and Mitsuya moved to the side, away from Draken.

Mitsuya : Mikey, are you doing this for love or for the gang?

Mikey : What are you talking about?

Mitsuya : Leila, did you do it for yourself or for the gang?

Mikey: I don't know how to answer that, Mitsuya. I want to be close to her, but her strength will be an asset to the gang.

Mitsuya: You feel confused, don't you? 

Mikey : I don't know how you understand people's emotions, Mitsuya, but you're an incredible person.

Mitsuya: Thank you, that's why I'm Leila's friend.

Mitsuya turns and leaves the temple.

Draken : What did you talk about?

Mikey : Nothing important.

Mikey : By the way?

Draken : Yes.

Mikey : What did you do to my sister yesterday when we left?

Draken : Surprised by the question, tries to dodge it.

Draken : I've got to go, it's getting late

Mikey : Answer!

Draken : I swear nothing

Mikey chased Draken all the way to Mikey's house, where they argued and bickered, watched a movie and went home.

The next day

Mitsuya went to the sewing club to finish the last touches on Leila's uniform, and when he opened the door, he saw Leila sitting there fiddling with her phone.

Mitsuya: Leila?

Leila: Oh, hi Mitsuya, sorry to barge in on you like this, but my class has a 3 o'clock shift and I didn't know where else to stay.

Mitsuya: That's okay, no need to apologize. I wanted to talk to you anyway.

Leila : Ok

Mitsuya sits down in front of his sewing machine and takes out the uniform.

Leila: But it's your gang's uniform.

Mitsuya: I know

Leila: Wait, you made all these?

Mitsuya: Most of them, but that's not the point.

Leila: And what is the point?

Mitsuya: Last night there was a meeting at the temple and Mikey said he wanted one person in particular to join the Toman: strong, brave and afraid of nothing.

Leila: Yes, and what's that got to do with me?

Mitsuya stands up in front of Leila with the uniform in his hand, takes a deep breath and holds the uniform out to Leila.

Mitsuya: Leila Mito, do you want to join the Tokyo Manjikay gang?

Surprised by this request, Leila remained stoic for a while, then stepped forward to face her friend.

Leila: Mitsuya, there's no need to be so formal, I'm your best friend, not a mafia boss, and of course I want to join the gang, I'll be the first girl and I'll show you what I can do.

Mitsuya smiles at Leila and hands her her uniform.

Leila: Thank you

Leila leaves the room with a smile up to her ears
and heads outside.

The evening

Leila is on her bed reading a book when suddenly Draken calls and tells her to come to the temple in uniform.

End of chapter