Chapter 8

Alliance ( part 2 )

As Baji recounted the incident of the summer of 2003, Leila remained static and listened attentively to the story Baji was telling.

The more Baji spoke, the more she realized who Mikey really was - a person traumatized by life.

Soon after Baji had finished telling her story, Takemichi and Leila concluded that Baji had been on Kazutora's side for a long time and that there was no point in convincing him.

Hanma: And don't forget, on October 31st, the Toman and Valhalla will settle their score!

They left in total silence and went their separate ways.

The following day

Takemichi and Leila were on their way back to school when a blond boy with a face full of bandages called out to them: it was Chifuyu.

Chifuyu : Coming this way

Takemichi: Oh hello * look at Leila*

Takemichi: OH!

Leila and Chifuyu glared at each other, enough to make a toddler cry.

Takemichi *thinks*: But yes, they'd had a fight the day they met, but since then the resentment hasn't dissipated.

Leila: What do you want from us, the misogynist?

Chifuyu: I need to talk to you about something concerning Baji.

Leila: Oh, you want revenge, but I don't think you can do anything about Baji, the way he's got you on the ropes, I don't think there's much you can do.

Chifuyu: (grumpy) Do you want a fight?

Leila: Oh no, the big bad boy wants to hit me * pretends to faint on Takemichi*, I'm so scared, I'm a helpless girl, help me. * stand up straight in front of Chifuyu* Go ahead and hit me, but expect the consequences.

Chifuyu: First of all, my name is Matsuno Chifuyu, not the misogynist or the big bad boy, and also, I'm Baji's right-hand man and vice captain of the 1st Toman division, and I don't want revenge, I want to help Baji!

Leila: Do what? Kill Mikey!

Takemichi* between the two of them*: Oh la la, calm down. Chifuyu, please tell us what you want to tell us.

Chifuyu: If Baji hit me, it was to get into Valhalla, not to destroy the Toman.
Tetta Kisaki

Leila and Takemichi were astonished by the news Chifuyu had just given them.

Leila *thinks *: Kisaki, that shady guy Takemichi wanted to hit the day I arrived at Toman, I knew he was dangerous.

Chifuyu : Baji joined Valhalla to gather information about him.

Some time later, under a downpour, the three teenagers set off to report what had happened in Valhalla's lair to Mikey and Draken.

In the cemetery

Mikey : So you know, they told you all about his death.

Draken : Shinshiro was a classy guy, no one could match him.

Mikey * stands up *: That's right

Draken : Listen, you two, whatever happens, we can't go back and change things. As for Baji and Kazutora, we know they didn't do it on purpose.