19

AELORA HAD GOT HERSELF to eat and get some rest after couple of days after Jacaerys' return

to eat and get some rest after couple of days after Jacaerys' return. The princess still slept small hours, while her brothers; Joffrey and Jacaerys also had trouble with sleeping. They would usually find themselves tortured by their brother's memory and Joffrey would come crying into Jacaerys' room. Meanwhile, Jacaerys was wide awake when his brother had come sobbing into his chambers and the two soon found their way in the chambers of their sister. Aelora greeted them inside kindly as the three siblings fell asleep on her bed with Joffrey being in the middle.

The Black's council were currently having a meeting, which Aelora took over by the absence of her parents. Aelora has been lost in her thoughts as she shared glances with the cold empty chair that was placed next to her where Aemond is supposed to be sitting.

Jacaerys noticed her sister's behaviour and called out for her. Aelora snapped her head to her brother with a hum and the boy motioned to the people around the table.

Aelora noticed all eyes were on her and placed her hands onto the table as she fidgeted with her fingers. "I-um.." She cleared her throat and shared a glance with Rhaenys who sat opposite of her. The princess took a deep breath and with a lifted chin, she spoke;

"We all know Alicent's son had done a terrible treason...but, people see him as king as much as we all see Her Grace; my mother, a queen." She started calmly. Aelora knew she could not hide the angry side of hers in front of the faces that had reminded her of Lucerys' and had decided to release her wall down.

The Princess slowly rises from her chair, "The Greens have proclaimed war with the murder of my younger half-brother. I mean to bring justice to every person that gets murdered on their behalf. My mother and Alicent shared a past of friendship together which means this battle will affect them both." Aelora exchanged a glance with the rest of her family that sat around this table. She looked down to the empty seat on her right side and cleared her throat,

"My grandsire, King Viserys, had placed his eldest child to succeed him..and by knowing him, his mind wouldn't have changed in the last seconds of his life.

I mean to win over the throne and place its rightful heir on it. With fire and blood, I will take it. With this battle, the people will soon realise the lives that will be at cost for the war that the Realm had always feared. War between the most dangerous and most loyal creatures: A war between Dragons."

Aelora's aunt, Rhaenys, proudly watched her niece and the determined face she had worn. She knew whatever that Aelora had spoken, she will do everything for it to happen. And with every decision that she had to made, Rhaenys would agree with her. Even if they do win this battle, Rhaenyra knew who to place onto the throne. Not herself, but her daughter.