Fish Out Of Water

"Dear Amnesia, 

How could anyone blame me? I never asked to be lonely in a crowd. How would a human bitten down to the bone by isolation refuse an invitation to a sliver of freedom?"

I rolled onto my stomach as the sun split the room down the middle of the room. I lifted my bedhead off the feather pillows. They cradle your face like a cloud. I pulled myself up and sat on my knees. 

It was oddly still and I threw on my gray sweatpants I recently had washed. I slipped on Tbor’s long sleeve white shirt. I’m not sure where mine fell away too, “Hello?”

No response, I scuffled around the corner and the place was abandoned. The bag was still here. Blankets draped over the couches and seats where they slept. 

Knock shook my bones, I dragged my barefeet to the door and peered in the hole. Redhead with his black framed glasses. I stepped away from the door trembling.

“I know you’re in there,” he sighed, annoyed at my quietness.

“You just said, hello,” I hesitantly looked back into the hole, he waved his arm above his head, “You’re being rude.”

I scoffed in disbelief, “rude?” I replied dumbfounded.

“Entirely,” he kicked his dress shoe at the hallway carpet. 

I swung the door open, bothered by yelling through the wood. He had his hands tucked into his dress jacket, his black scarf wrapped around his neck made him elegant.

“It’s a dreary hallway for such a luxurious hotel,” he announced loudly as a hotel employee grimaced in our direction.

“Where are they-” 

“-they’re not here?” he pointed behind me, “well I have no idea.”
His voice never had a sound of breakage or stutter.

“Where are they," I growled once again.

He airly chuckled, he rubbed under his nose, “honestly I haven't a clue,” he lifted back his jacket revealing a concealed weapon, “I was so sure I’d have to use it.”

I raised my eyebrows, “comforting.”

“Lunch?”

I glanced over his shoulder in astonishment. I couldn’t say no, he likely had backup to drag me away. I’ll make the transition simple. I grabbed a sweater but he tut-tutted me before I could head out.

“Put this on,” he handed me a white and gold bag once again. 

I carefully took it from his fingers and stood baffled. Do I let him in? I twisted my head back into the hotel room. He scooted past me. Decision made.

“Fine accommodations,” he nodded, impressed. He walked stiffly around the living area.

“Not really,” I added reluctantly and I began changing in the bathroom.

“And why’s that.”

I unsurely pulled on black athletic leggings and the white slouch socks. It didn’t come with a shirt. Thankfully it worked. I slipped on a pair of white runners. I stepped out.

“That’s better,” he studied. He opened the hotel door and someone handed him a long gray tasteful suede trench coat. I slipped it on slowly. 

He clapped his palm together, “you probably aren’t accustomed to this-”

“-no I’m not,” I cut him off short.