𝟷𝟸

الْبَارِئُ

ᴀʟ-ʙᴀᴀʀɪ

ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴠᴏʟᴠᴇʀ

╔⏤⏤⏤╝                      ☾                       ╚⏤⏤⏤╗

(وَإِذْ قَالَ مُوسَىٰ لِقَوْمِهِۦ يَـٰقَوْمِ إِنَّكُمْ ظَلَمْتُمْ أَنفُسَكُم بِٱتِّخَاذِكُمُ ٱلْعِجْلَ فَتُوبُوٓا۟ إِلَىٰ بَارِئِكُمْ فَٱقْتُلُوٓا۟ أَنفُسَكُمْ ذَٰلِكُمْ خَيْرٌۭ لَّكُمْ عِندَ بَارِئِكُمْ)

(ᴀɴᴅ ˹ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ˺ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴍᴏsᴇs sᴀɪᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜɪs ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ, "ᴏ ᴍʏ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ! sᴜʀᴇʟʏ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴡʀᴏɴɢᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟᴠᴇs ʙʏ ᴡᴏʀsʜɪᴘᴘɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀʟғ, sᴏ ᴛᴜʀɴ ɪɴ ʀᴇᴘᴇɴᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴏʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇxᴇᴄᴜᴛᴇ ˹ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀʟғ-ᴡᴏʀsʜɪᴘᴘᴇʀs ᴀᴍᴏɴɢ˺ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟᴠᴇs. ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴏʀ.")

[𝟸:𝟻𝟺]

╚⏤⏤⏤╗                        ☾                        ╔⏤⏤⏤╝

Allah ﷻ calls Himself Al-Baari' — The Originator, The Maker, The Evolver. He is the One who creates form out of nothing. Al-Baari' creates with no model or similarity and evolves that which is in perfect proportion and harmony without any fault.

Linguistically, scholars mentioned two concepts related to the root of this name which is ba-ra-'a (ب ر ء):

➊ bari'a, which means to be free from or distant from something.

➋ baree'a, which means creation.

In the context of Allah ﷻ Al-Baari'means He is the Creator, the Originator, the Inventor who distinguished all creatures from each other by their detailed characteristics.

{يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ضُرِبَ مَثَلٌۭ فَٱسْتَمِعُوا۟ لَهُۥٓ ۚ إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ تَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ ٱللَّهِ لَن يَخْلُقُوا۟ ذُبَابًۭا وَلَوِ ٱجْتَمَعُوا۟ لَهُۥ ۖ وَإِن يَسْلُبْهُمُ ٱلذُّبَابُ شَيْـًۭٔا لَّا يَسْتَنقِذُوهُ مِنْهُ ۚ ضَعُفَ ٱلطَّالِبُ وَٱلْمَطْلُوبُ}

{ᴏ ᴍᴀɴᴋɪɴᴅ! ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴀɴ ᴇxᴀᴍᴘʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ, sᴏ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ɪᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇғᴜʟʟʏ. ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴅᴇɪᴛɪᴇs ᴡʜᴏᴍ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʟʟ ʙᴇsɪᴅᴇs ᴀʟʟᴀʜ, ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴇ ᴀ sɪɴɢʟᴇ ғʟʏ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ɪғ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʟʟ ᴄᴏᴍʙɪɴᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ғᴏʀᴄᴇs, ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ, ɪғ ᴀ ғʟʏ sɴᴀᴛᴄʜᴇs ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ɢᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʙᴀᴄᴋ; ʜᴏᴡ ғᴇᴇʙʟᴇᴍɪɴᴅᴇᴅ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜᴘᴘʟɪᴀɴᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏᴡ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀʟᴇss ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴜᴘᴘʟɪᴄᴀᴛᴇ!}

[𝟸𝟸:𝟽𝟹]

Allah ﷻ revealed specific knowledge to the Prophet ﷺ, in the field of science. in this ayah Allah al-Baari' is challenging anybody, including modern-day scientists, to make a fly and they are not able to. a fly is a complete living being with a tiny yet comprehensive flight management, guidance, and surveillance system without turbines or propellers— a marvellous nano-technological design.

let this divine attribute of Allah ﷻ restore your confidence in times when modern science tries to divert you away from belief in a Creator.

they say a Bedouin who lived in the desert expressed it most eloquently, when he was asked, "how do you know your Lord?" he said: "If you see the camel dung you know that a camel has passed this way, and if you see a footstep you know that a person has passed this way, so the heaven with its stars and the earth with its mountain passes and the oceans with their high waves all point to the existence of the All-Hearing, All-Seeing."

let this inspire you in certainty and faith of Al-Baari'.