𝐢. 𝑎 𝑔𝑢𝑖𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

Starlight, star-brightThe first star I see tonight I wish I may, I wish I mightHave the wish I wish tonight

The first star I see tonight
I wish I may, I wish I might
Have the wish I wish tonight

What is a wish? Is it a desire? A dream? Is it something you work for, or something that's granted? Perhaps it's both. The truth is, a wish is everything. Our wishes guide us, motivate us, inspire us to create and to love. Wishes are the most powerful form of magic in all the world. You can do anything with a wish. You can wish on a birthday candle or on a coin tossed into a fountain. But the most powerful, the most potent way to make a wish is on the Wishing Star—the brightest and most beautiful star in the sky. If your heart is good and true, almost anything you desire can be yours. All you have to do is ask.

Unless, of course, you're the Dark One.

★ ° . *° . °☆  . * ● ¸

In a secluded hut on the edge of a dark forest, a witch doctor busied himself with his craft. The air was thick with the scent of exotic herbs and potions, bright red and blue liquids swirling in tiny glass vials lined up on worn wooden shelves. Outside, the wind howled fiercely, rattling the wind chimes and sending a chill through the night—a harbinger of ominous events to come.

A sudden thud echoed outside, causing the witch doctor to pause. His heart quickened as he opened the creaking door, peering into the shadows for any sign of an intruder. Seeing nothing but swaying trees, he turned back, only to be startled by a voice dripping with malicious glee.

"Peekaboo!"

He spun around to face the intruder, his blood turning cold. Standing before him was Rumplestiltskin—the Dark One himself—his eyes gleaming with a sinister light.

"Some places never change, even after all these years," Rumplestiltskin remarked, a sly smile playing on his lips.

"I know who you are, Dark One," the witch doctor replied, his voice steady but laced with fear.

"Well, I imagine you do," Rumplestiltskin chuckled, casually inspecting a trinket on the shelf.

"You weren't like this before," the man continued cautiously. "You were different."