10: Shower Thoughts

***Y/N POV***

Shutting the door behind me, i pressed my back against it and sighed.

I walked to the large bathtub that sat next to the window and turned the tap on then waited until it was full.

I undid the tie on my robe and removed my underwear before getting into the now full, steamy bath.

My tense muscles relaxed as the hot water enveloped my body.

I let out a relieved sigh and began to recap the events of the previous night.

But my thoughts got stuck on the intern I was caring for who was too drunk to remember her own name.

And how that wasn't as anger inducing as it would've been with anyone else.

Even with the vomit spread everywhere.

I didn't hate it.

Or hate her.

But why?

If it was any other of the new interns, I would've just kicked them out.

Or if it was a resident that I knew I would've had them driven home by the chauffeur

I only would've done something like this for Addie or Meredith.

We aren't even that close.

I pushed my questions aside and instead remembered what fun I had.

And how everyone else had fun and enjoyed being in my company.

And when we played spin the bottle.

And Lexie.

And what she did to me while I was cuffed.

How she pushed me down on the bed.

How beautiful her eyes were.

How she drunkenly kissed me.

How she grinded her against me.

What could've happened if we weren't interrupted.

I thought about how hot she looked with her shirt off.

Ok, stop thinking about that.

Yeah, she's very pretty

And she's really sweet

But she's off limits

Compared to me, she's practically a child

And she's Meredith's sister

So definitely forbidden, no matter how tempting

***Lexie POV***

I had finished probably what was one of the best showers in my life, and am now looking for the bathroom that Y/N is in.

I think she said it was at the other side of the penthouse, so I walked over there.

I heard water gently sloshing and had the brilliant idea to listen to whatever she was doing.

I quietly padded up to the door and placed my ear against it.

I heard her calm and delicate breathing

It sounded like she was in the bathtub, so would probably be at least 5 minutes.

I pushed my ear closer and listened close.

Considering the squeezing noises, she's probably washing herself with some sort of unnecessarily expensive soap.

I thought about how she would move her hands everywhere, all over her body to make sure she would be perfectly clean.

And having to reach her long, lean legs out of the bath to rub them up and down with such care.

And how her body would glow in the sunlight

Her sigh and the sound of water falling into the bath interrupted my thought chain and notified me she was getting out.

I scurried to her kitchen and decided to clear my impure thoughts by making myself some breakfast.

***

The fridge contained everything.

There were different types of cheeses, different milks, fresh fruit, meat, exotic sauces and anything else you can think of that could be in a fridge, was there.

And her cupboards had tonnes of snacks and ingredients for making food.

How does she have this much?

I settled with making some pancakes, so I grabbed everything I would need and started mixing the batter.

I jumped when I heard a loud hissing and bubbling sound.

I looked to where it was coming from to see Y/N at the other end of the kitchen counter.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. Do you want something to drink?"

She said pointing at the source of the noise, an electric kettle.

"Woah, I've never seen one of those in real life. And also yes, please." I said with curiosity

"They're a must in british homes, and since I lived there for five years, it feels weird without one"

"Tea or coffee?" She asked after a pause

"Coffee with milk and sugar, thanks"

***

We sat down on the sofa in front of the 80 inch TV screen, hot drinks and breakfasts in hand.

I had a plate of fluffy pancakes, whilst she had waffles with maple syrup.

We sat in comfortable silence and watched the news and at some point, just ended up on our phones.

***

It's now around 11 am so I'm gonna go and call into work.

Im feeling a lot better now, thanks to Y/N.

"Hey, I think I should get going into work now. Again, thank you so much! You didn't have to do any of this" I said, standing up from the sofa.

"And how exactly do you think you're gonna get to the hospital?" Y/N said, standing with a hand on her hip.

Oh shoot.

I never thought about that.

One of my friends drove me here, and they're at work now, with the car.

"I guess.. I'll call a taxi..?" I said, my voice uneasy.

"Wrong! I'll drive you. I know all the shortcuts anyway"