Part : 28 Secrets!

Author POV

Last time, on Dafan Mountain, it had already been strange when the Compass of Evil didn't find the direction. This time, it went as far as to spin all by itself, without pausing for a single moment. This situation was even more unbelievable than the pointers not moving at all!

The foreboding shadow in Wei Wuxian's heart grew denser. He called out loud, "Jin Ling!"

"I swear I will break your legs!" said Jiang cheng furiously, glaring at Jin ling.

"Yeah, yeah!" mumbled Jin ling on the same old threat.

"A-niang you just say, but never do it!" said Lan Jingyi.

"Do you want me to break your legs?" questioned Jiang cheng and Lan Jingyi aggressively shook off his head

The two had already walked for a while inside the stone castle, but they hadn't seen anyone. Wei Wuxian had shouted a few times, without receiving any reply. The first stone rooms were all empty, but, as they went in deeper, in the center of one of the rooms, there was a black coffin.

It was quite odd for a coffin to appear here. However, the wood used was a deep black, and the shape was also crafted in a skilled way. Seeing this, Wei Wuxian had an exceptionally strong affinity toward it. He couldn't help but patted it a few times. The wood was sturdy and the sound was firm. He praised it, "What a nice coffin."

"Eh?" the Cultivators wondering, how could a person compliment a coffin?

"I mean, he died before!" said a disciple but caught negative attention of many peoples.

"It was nice though!" said Nie huaisang.

"Shut up!" exclaimed Nie mingjue.

Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian stood on opposite sides of the coffin. After passing a look between them, they extended their arms at the same time and opened the lid.

The moment the lid was opened, the noise around them suddenly multiplied, flooding through Wei Wuxian's ears in the manner of tidal water. It was as if, before this, they were secretly watched by countless pairs of eyes-the owners of the eyes silently monitored and discussed every word they spoke, every action they performed, and suddenly became agitated as they saw that the coffin was about to be opened. Wei WuXian thought of a few dozen possibilities, already prepared to fend against strong odours of rancidity, stretching claws of monsters, an overflow of poisonous water, toxic smoke that dispersed quickly, or attacks from resentful spectres. Of course, his greatest wish was to see Jin Ling. Despite this, nothing happened. Nothing.

Surprisingly, this was an empty coffin.

"An empty coffin?" questioned a disciple in confusion, what does even an empty coffin was doing there?

"Did they buried air?" questioned Wen rouhan in amusement.

"Who knows?" said Wen Xu.

"That's definitely not the case!" replied another disciple.

Wei Wuxian was a bit startled, but also a bit disappointed at the fact that Jin Ling wasn't stuck in here. Lan Wangji went slightly nearer. Bichen unsheathed by itself for a few inches, its cold light shining on the bottom of the coffin. Only then, did Wei Wuxian notice how it wasn't that the coffin was empty, but that the object inside was a lot smaller than what he had expected, and hid inside the deepest part of the coffin.