Another Screwup

Rico POV
"Ok, bye!" I waved to 8-Bit as Gus and I left the arcade, heading to our homes. Suddenly, my phone rang with a deafening sound, causing me to flinch and drop it. Gus, devoid of a spirit and a soul, had absolutely no reaction. It was amazing that he liked Bonnie—a soulless, spiritless body like him shouldn't be capable of emotions. And that was mostly the case.

But I was getting sidetracked. I had received a call from Max, so I quickly picked up, calling, "Hey Max! Settled on dinner plans yet?"

Surprisingly, Meg's voice responded, "Well do that later. Right now, Surge and I don't have much time before Max comes back—and she's refusing to follow her dreams and meet her destiny. So we have an important question to ask."

"Ok..." I murmured, wondering what the call was really about.

"Hey, Rico? What's going on?" Gus asked, prodding me in the side.

"Ow, Gus! Wait a second!" I yelped.

"Sorry," Gus apologised.

So I put Meg and Surge on speakerphone and listened carefully as they explained everything. With each detail, our eyes widened. But not in a bad way—in a finally-it's-time and I-knew-I-was-right kind of way.

"Consider it done," I agreed before ending the call.

8-Bit POV
I was getting ready to close the arcade when the door slammed open, revealing Rico and Gus standing there.

"Hey! I thought you guys when home already!" I said, confused.

Rico agreed, "Yeah, we were walking home when we got a very interesting call from Meg and Surge."

"Oh no...is it what I'm thinking of?" I groaned.

I thought I knew what was coming. But what Rico told me was so much worse and so much better at the same time.

"We've set up a date between you and Max!" Rico said cheerily.

Max POV
"Guys, I'm back!" I yelled from the door. I had bought the energy drinks that Surge had asked me to go and get, placing them in the refrigerator before I walked to the living room and called, "Guys? Where are you?"

I was searching the apartment worriedly when suddenly a figure leaped out from behind an armchair, grabbing me in a tight hug. I nearly doubled over from the weight, but panted, "Whoa, Meg, you had been scared there."

"Oops," Meg said as she slid down from my back. "Surge and I devised a plan for your destiny!"

"Nonononono...what did you do?" I facepalmed in anxiety, my nerves almost knocking me over.

And as the icing on the cake of nervousness, Surge added, "You're going on a date with 8-Bit!"

And that was...