Chapter Four

Phil's POV

During that radio show, Dan was weird. Even our fans noticed, and kept sending him mentions on Twitter. It was 8pm, that meant it was the middle of the radio show. Someone requested a song and it was playing – Dan left the studio. It was weird because we couldn’t just leave. We had to stay there doing whatever it was, unless there was a video playing.

Our producer went looking for him, while I wrote stuff to the people on a white board, like always. The song stopped and they weren’t back yet.

*That was Rihanna and you’re listening to Dan and Phil on Radio one* I said.

*So yeah, Dan left for some reason, I don’t really know what it is but let’s hope he’s not dying* I said joking. *So I’ll leave you with this amazing video made by one of you guys*

I played one of the videos, it wasn’t really meant to be at that specific moment, but it happened anyway.

I went looking for Dan, he was in the bathroom, our producer outside the door talking to him.

“What happened?” – I asked

“He’s vomiting, I don’t know if he can go back there” – he said.

“YES I CAN, JUST HANG ON 5 MINUTES AND I’LL BE BACK PHIL”- Dan screamed from the bathroom

“ARE YOU SURE YOU DON’T WANNA GO TO THE HOSPITAL OR BACK HOME, DAN?”

Our producer interrupted me. “phil you need to go back there”

I went back running, the video was about to end.

I said something random, not mentioning Dan, answered to another request…  after 5 minutes Dan came back to the studio, acting normal. I knew he wasn’t though.

He was there for the rest of the show, he wasn’t okay but at least he was there. It would be hard for me to improvise for 1 hour, it wasn’t the same if he wasn’t with me.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to take you to the hospital Dan?” Our producer said. “We can use my car”

“I’m okay, seriously. I just wanna get home. Can we go now, Phil?”

When we got out the BBC building, there were some girls waiting for us. Dan looked at me with a irritated expression. He wasn’t feeling good, he obviously didn’t want to talk to them, but he also didn’t want to be rude, so I just said

“You know what Dan, just ask Ben to take you home and I’ll talk to the girls and explain why you can’t meet them.”  

If he went by car the girls wouldn’t see him, so it wouldn’t be a problem.

“Thank you Phil, I think I’ll do it”

I hugged all the girls, took pictures, got their drawings, talked for a bit, and stuff. We always had to do this before and after the radio show, we liked it of course, but sometimes it was really annoying, and I thought we should get a car.

When I was finally able to get to my way home, I called Dan.

“Hey Phil”

“How are you?”

“Terrible. Please just get here soon, I feel safer when you’re here”- He never said things like this, so before I could even say something, he continued “You know, in situations like this… if I happen to pass out at least you’re here to call an ambulance”

“Oh, okay Dan. I’ll be there in 20 minutes. Don’t die.”

I went on my phone to check that ‘weird twitter account’ again, while walking to the tube.