Vibrant Eyes

August 4th, 2084

2:12 A.M

Syntharia, Oregon

Konran District

Every step I took came with a ringing vibration that reverbed back to my ears... The neon signs and holograms flickered above, casting shifting shadows on the pavement. Along the walls of the building would be My footsteps echoed faintly against the thrum of distant hovercar engines and the muted chatter of passersby. Clad in a dark emerald shearling jacket, I was just another civilian. I was a normal, civilian. My footsteps echo faintly against the distant hum of hovercraft engines. Though as I walked, I could feel the subtle twitch atop my head beneath my beanie, all the sounds that blared in my ears began to tune out as I suddenly halted in my tracks, stopping in front of the alley.

"So, how much do you think this one will cost?" I overheard the officer ask from far within the alley amidst the unsettling muffled sounds of a struggling girl. "She nearly took my head off with those wings. I bet River would pay thousands for a Class 9 like this one." I hear the other saying, the grin on his face can be visualized through his smug tone. I quickly step back and press against the walls of the alleyway... staying out of sight of the officers...The struggles of the girl sounded more frantic and aggressive when the officers mentioned auctioning her off.

"Agh! Let me go or I swear to god I will make sure, I will clear your head from your shoulders!" The girl threatens the officers aggressively before the sound of a thud followed by a pained cry echoes across the alleyway. "You won't be so stubborn when you're stuck in a cell with your wings bound with chains," the officer boldly retorts with a hearty chuckle,

"Maybe you'll be lucky enough to be purchased by River, but I think we all know what would happen to you." It was tragic, that was certain. Yet, it's none of my business. I can't afford to reveal myself and be next to be auctioned off to River or whoever will buy us Arcane to command or... worse. I'm just lucky I'm not involved. Besides, I'm trying to take it easy today. No interaction, No potentially destructive thoughts...

As I take a step forward, trying to leave this ordeal behind, my sight suddenly shifts. All the lights around me become brighter as my ears begin ringing. Everything begins to slow down as if my instincts are trying to alert me of something. Something that I should be aware of... I let out an exhausted sigh. What now... I ask myself, surveying the area around me. The lone car speeds past the sidewalk, hovering a few feet off the ground. The lights and holograms that flickered above me. The eerie silence of the city...

Nothing.

No one trying to attack me. Nothing that could be alarming...

Nothing.

So why is this happening now? I rub the back of my neck, the confusion of whatever the hell triggered this... It's giving me a fucking headache... Turning back to the street, this strange sense of... attraction pulls me toward the alley... Suddenly everything returns to normal and the ringing in my ear fades out and I'm greeted by the sound of struggling and rapid movement and gusts of wind breeze past my ears. "Restrain her!" One officer called out to the other before a sickening squelch filled the air of the alley. Oh yay... more remorseless bloodshed... Why couldn't today be quiet... The girl's wings suddenly sharpened as she struck the officer. The gruesome sound of splitting flesh accompanied her escape, echoing through the alley.

So that's why... Impressive. Wasn't worth the headache though.

As she ran past me, I noticed she was just a bit shorter than me and probably around my age. She had short brown hair with light blue accents near the bottom that matched the same accents of her blue-gray wings that nearly went down to her shoulders. She wore a dark blue raincoat and white t-shirt with denim shorts and fishnet leggings that hugged her waist, though they were now sort of roughed up because of her encounter with the SPD.