10

"Woah, Karine!" Jenny exclaimed excitedly as the blonde emerged from the school entrance at the end of the day. "Today's the day you'll meet the man of your dreams! Listen to this..."

Vicky, holding a teen magazine, began to read aloud: "Love: unexpected encounter. Keep your eyes open - you won't have a second chance. Delicious shivers guaranteed!"

"Pff, you know how unreliable horoscopes can be," Karine shrugged, not particularly impressed.

Vicky arched an eyebrow and smirked. "For once, something not too lame is happening to you, so why not go for it? Spice up your life a little! Just pay attention to the signs!"

As if on cue, the school cook's assistant, a fat, little man with a less-than-appealing appearance, trundled past them, carrying boxes filled with frozen foodstuffs. Suddenly, a ketchup bottle tumbled from one of the boxes, landing on the floor with a 'plof!'

"There you go!" Jenny exclaimed gleefully. "That's a sign if I ever saw one! All you have to do now is marry him and start a family!"

"Him?!" Karine's disappointment was palpable. "But that's the cook's assistant! He looks like a gorilla!"

"And you look like a princess, maybe?" Vicky retorted with a smirk.

"Karine's gonna marry the gorillaaaa!" Jenny sang merrily.

"Go on!" Vicky encouraged, nudging Karine in the direction of the cook's assistant. "You can thank us with a little monkey from your first litter!"

Feeling a sense of obligation, Karine retrieved the fallen ketchup bottle and headed towards the kitchen to return it to the cook's assistant, who she found amidst his duties.

"Hey," Karine greeted nervously, holding out the ketchup bottle.

"What are you doing here?" the cook's assistant grunted while scratching his backside.

"I... I found this," Karine replied tentatively, extending the bottle towards him.

"Put it in the back where it belongs!" he snapped rudely. "And don't go swiping stuff, you hear me?"

Rolling her eyes at his brusque demeanor, Karine complied and headed to the freezer room to return the ketchup bottle.

Meanwhile, the cook emerged from around the corner, catching sight of the open freezer door.

"Hey, Ricco!" he shouted, annoyed. "Are you trying to air out the fridge for the weekend? Oh, that guy!"

Vicky and Jenny strolled home from school, sharing a smile.

"I have a feeling Karine's in for a hot weekend," Vicky remarked, envisioning Karine with the gross cook's assistant.

"And to think she didn't believe in the horoscope!" Jenny added with a chuckle. "I guess we'll see her again on Monday!"

Little did they know, Karine was stuck in the freezer room, shivering. Delicious shivers guaranteed? Yeah, right...