5

Two boys stood next to a waterfall.

"Chakra is made up of two things- physical energy and spiritual energy. The training you were doing for the past week, was to build your physical energy. Today we are going to start on spiritual energy." Haku explained to an energetic Naruto, who was rocking on his feet in excitement. Naruto was very, very excited. Every ninja used chakra to do the cool moves he had heard about.

"Are you even listening to me, Naruto-kun.?" Haku asked, bemused.

"Yeah, Yeah!" Naruto waved his hand, "Can't we skip to the cool jutsu part, dattebayo?"

"No, Naruto-kun. To reach the 'cool jutsu part' as you say, you must have this knowledge. Without this, even if you manage to mold chakra and do jutsu, your jutsu will always be weaker than someone who has better control of his spiritual energy. " Haku shook his head.

"Eh?- I don't understand." Naruto made a confused face.

Haku sighed. He was beginning to understand what Zabuza-sama had told him. The brat doesn't understand the theory, but show him once, and he will get it.

"Okay, I will try to show you with an example." Haku said to the blonde. "Have you seen the mist jutsu that the demon brothers do?"

Naruto nodded. During a training given to him by Zabuza-sensei, he had to manage not getting caught by those two for an hour. After he had managed to get away for the fifth time in a row, the brothers had used the mist jutsu to reduce his vision. Naruto had run into a tree while running away from them after a while.

"They are a little stronger physically, than me. Do you agree?" Haku asked as Naruto nodded, wondering where Haku was going with this. "Now watch."

Haku made a single handed hand seal. "This is the half Ram seal. This seal can be used for concentrating on your chakra, when less concentration is needed. For beginners like you, you must use the full Ram seal." Naruto nodded.

"Ninpou: Kirigakure no jutsu" Haku said and suddenly, a thick mist began forming in the area. Within a few seconds, Naruto was totally surrounded by mist. Naruto's eyes widened. This mist was way thicker than what he had been in when the Demon brothers had used this jutsu.

"Do you see a difference?" Haku's voice floated in the mist, directionless. It was as if the voice was coming from multiple directions at once. The demon brothers' voices had not done that. He had been able to guess their direction.

"Yeah." Naruto said as he extended his arms in front of him. He couldn't even see beyond his forearm, and his fist was hidden in the mist. "How are you doing this?"

"This is what I am trying to tell you, Naruto-kun. Even if they have more physical energy than me, because I control my spiritual energy better, my jutsu is stronger." Haku's voice floated from somewhere far away.

"By spreading my chakra in the mist I can bounce my voice to different directions." Naruto jumped as Haku's voice sounded from right behind him. The mist lifted as Naruto turned quickly to see that Haku was smiling behind him.

"Coooool" Naruto said, his eyes shining.

"So you see, Naruto-kun? It is necessary that you harness your spiritual energy as well." Haku said to the blonde.

"How do I do that?" Naruto asked, rocking on his heels.

Haku smiled and tilted his head to one side. He knew the blonde was not going to like what he was about to hear. "By meditating, Naruto-kun."

"WHAT?" Naruto yelled as his jaw fell open.

Haku chuckled as Naruto presented a very comical figure, his mouth hanging and his body twitching in an unexpressed emotion. "So, let's begin." Haku said.