011, i knew

CHAPTER ELEVEN: I KNEW

   LILA JUMPED UP and cheered as her boyfriend, Oswaldo, hit a double, scoring Jose Trevino, who was standing on third. Even though it was just a Spring Training game, she was excited. She, Valeria, Alicia, Amy Cole, Mabel LeMahieu, and Elizabeth Torres (along with their kids), sat in seats a few rows back from home plate, watching their loved ones play (or in Val's case she was just there for a good time).

The Yankees were playing the Twins, and the two teams were tied, 2-2, in the bottom of the 2nd inning. After she arrived the previous day, Val told Lila what happened in the CVS. Lila laughed her ass off for what seemed like hours, but that was only because Val left out all the other details.

"Number #70, Anthony Volpe!" The announcer's voice rang through the stadium.

Val, who was staring at the seat in front of her, could pracitcally feel Lila's eyes on her. She glanced up as he strolled up to the plate. He was wearing his uniform, which hugged his body nicely. He looked up towards the crowd, scanning the sea of people for something, or someone. Val felt herself blush when their eyes met, and she turned away.

"Are you blushing?" Lila raised an eyebrow.

"No." Valerie quickly shook her head, trying to hide her embarrassment.

The blonde simply shook her head but she stayed silent, her eyes moving between Val and the boy with a bat in his hand. A moment later, she stood up and said, "I need to go to the bathroom. Val, come with me?"

Val sighed but let her best friend drag her up the stairs and down the bathroom. Somehow, the bathroom was empty, so they were alone.

"Anything you'd like to tell me?" Lila asked, placing her hands on her hips.

"We ran into each other at the store yesterday and I slapped him," the other girl replied, shrugging her shoulders. "That's all."

"Anything else besides that?"

"Um..."

"Valerie."

"He DM'd, a few weeks ago, and then I ask Ward to spy on him, and she did, and then she said he seemed ok, and then I thought he might be ok, and then I ran into him at CVS and then I slapped him and then he just looked at me, and I thought you'd be mad and-"

"Woah, woah, woah, woah," Lila stopped her, taking her hand. "You thought I'd be mad at you for talking to him?"

"Uh, yeah?" Val answered like it was obvious. "You cursed his name for weeks."

"Ok, true, but I would only be mad if he was bothering you, not if you were talking to him," she explained, giving her friend a reassuring smile. "Besides, if you want to fuck a guy who looks like he hasn't his puberty yet, go for it!"

"He's 21," Val grumbled, feeling her cheeks heat up.

"Yeah, well he looks like he's 12," the younger girl chuckled.

"Lila Rose!"

"Sorry, sorry," she said, holding her hands up in surrender. "But seriously, Val. If you wanna talk to him, then do it. But if he ever messes up, I'll kill him."

Val sighed, running a hand through her curls.

"Honestly, I don't even know if I even want to be friends with him," she admitted. "I know I should be over it by now, but I'm not. He ruined our relationship, and he's the reason why I don't trust men. I mean, yeah, he was kinda buzzed, but...I don't even know what to think."

Her feelings were all over the place, even though she was trying not to let them show. One part of her was still mad, another part wanted him, and the rest was a little confused. It was a mess. She was a mess.

"You're smart, I think you'll figure it out," Lila replied, wrapping her arm around her shoulders. "Now, c'mon, we have a ballgame to watch."

They walked out, and as they did, Val asked a question. "You knew about the DM, didn't you?"

Lila shrugged innocently. "I didn't know."

_____

 LILA EARLE

ೃ⁀➷  LILA EARLE

_____

Lila smirked as the camera zoomed in on her face.

"I knew."

_____

🌺 🌊🥂

╰┈➤ ❝ LOTTIE'S NOTES

 hey hi hello i hate this

love how the top of the order just forget how to hit a baseball

volpe with 4 ks judgey doing jack shit just a great night

like ik i shouldn't be worried abt him but i'm worried abt him like ily and all, but omg what the fuck is wrong with you? 40 million a year just means nothing ig

and i DESPISE GLEYBER FUCKING TORRES

HOW ABOUT WALDO AT 2ND WHEN DJ COMES BACK

HELL PUT ME AT 2ND I'LL MAKE LESS ERRORS THEN HE DOES

anywaysss, hope you enjoyed!

comment and vote!

love ya,

- lottie.

published: 4/16/24