01 - End

Home Base Z-64 Log_01

62 Cretan Days to Landing

Audio Transcript

---

BEGIN_AUDIO_TRANSCRIPT

Safirina: Alright, so this is Home Base Z-64 Log 01, and my name is Safirina Z-64. We are currently upon a spaceship towards the planet Xiole, and we were instructed by our co-captains Dione and Milo to log our journey once a week for... essentially the rest of our lives.

Kari: They're not actually checking our logs, but Safirina wanted to do it anyways.

Safirina: I mean, it's nice to preserve our memories, isn't it?

Kari: No?

[Kassia snickers]

Safirina: Ignoring Kari, we just received a message from our co-captains about a weekly progress activity. Does anyone want to read this?

Kari: No?

Xander: Lance should do it. He has a luxurious voice.

Kassia: I agree.

[Shuffling noises]

Lance: Sure. Let me just pull this up... okay. It says, "Teamwork within your home base is of the utmost importance. Please take the opportunity to get to know each other better by choosing one of the team-building activities below—"

[Audible cries of agony and sad laughter]

[Lance clears his throat]

Lance: "—and strengthen your... bond." How wonderful.

Kari: Why do they think team-building activities will actually build our team? I thought this ship was full of intelligent people. Team-building activities are scientifically proven to only build awkwardness.

Safirina: I think it's a good idea, actually.

Xander: It might be a bit awkward, but I want to get to know you guys better.

Kassia: Okay Lance, give us the options.

Lance: There's... oh, ok. They all involve physical movement except for #3, which is called "Assumptions and Corrections."

Xander: Your voice is actually luxurious.

Lance: Thank you.

Kari: Let's do #3 then. I don't want to move.

Kassia: Weren't you just paralyzed not too long ago? And you already feel like not moving?

Safirina: Lance, please read out the instructions before I lose my sanity.

Lance: Okay, okay. There are three rounds of Assumptions and Corrections, where we have a main topic or question. Going in a circle, we assume what the person next to us will answer and say why. We end each round by reversing the circle and complimenting the person that made an assumption about us.

Kassia: That actually sounds fun. Wow, Dione and Milo, impressive. Thumbs up!

Lance: The first question is: "Where is this person's favourite place on the ship?" Oh, that's hard.

Xander: Who wants to go first?

Kari: You should, since you seem so eager.

[Lance and Kassia snicker]

Kassia: Okay Xander, make an assumption about Kari.

Xander: Uh, uh, uh... Kari... Kari's favourite place on the ship would probably be her own dorm at home base— wait, wait. I change my answer. Kari's favourite place is the couch over there, because she's always sleeping there.