Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

-Kriya-

Walking out of kitchen, towards Reyaansh's sister, several thoughts, and memories swirled through my brain.

I missed them, mum, dad, him.

I felt my gaurd slipping, as the back of my eyes started burning. But I wont let them see me cry, I'm past all those weaknesses.

Slowly as I made my way towards her, I built my gaurd back up, masking my turmoil my emotions with a blank face and hollow eyes.

As I rounded the corner and stepped in the living room, Ayesha's gaze met mine, giving me a smile as bright as day, she gestured for me to the cushion beside her on the couch. I hesitated before sitting on the cushions, but as my behind landed on the cushion, I got  comfortable. She looked at me amused, and i wondered what might have been going on through her mind, what she must have been thinking about my blank face?!

For a moment we just stared at each other, her soft lovable gaze and my emotionless stare.

She opened her mouth after some seconds.

"Hey, kriya. How are you?!"

"Im fine"  I kind of snapped.

Afterall I didnt exactly wanted these people to fall in love me!!

But she didnt seem to notice my uninterested tone, or maybe she was just ignoring it, but whatever the reason ,it didnt affect her, she was still as warm towards me as she spoke further.

"So, I think you know that we're not normal,??"

"Umhmm, yes I do."

She seemed surprised.

"And you're accepting that, its alright with you??"

She narrowed her eyes examining my reaction, I think she was trying to find something in my eyes, but Ofcourse, she came empty handed.

Because I have become quite a pro in masking my thoughts.

"Why do I need to accept this, its not like I am going to stay here forever" I asked her.

I was really confused as to what she meant by 'accepting' them. And as I looked at her, she seemed as confused as me, confused about what, I didnt have any idea.

"Uh, dont you know who you are, didnt Rey tell you ?"

Now this was getting strange, why would I  need Reyaansh to tell me who I am?

"Why would Reyaansh tell me who I AM, i already know that!!" I asked again confused.

Something like realization flashed in her eyes and her eyebrows furrowed. She looked quite mad, and I think it was directed at Reyaansh.

Well, it wasn't my fault, but I felt bad for Reyaansh, somehow.

Suddenly, she clapped her hands and beamed at me,

"Oh well, anyway, he'll have to tell sooner or later. But right now, let's get to know each other, tell me about you, about all your favorites, tell me how's life??"

How's life?

Empty! That's how!

Can you even call it living? I won't!!

I'm just breathing.

"I wake up, brush, eat, and sleep again" I told her with a blank face.

She gave me a funny face and my lips twitched.