prologue

Loud heavy stomps shifted the dust from the creaky wooden floor, rattling pictures and other decorations that lined the walls. Voices muffled by masks that rested just below the peoples eyes echoed the halls of the old decaying house. The sounds of screams could be heard by neighbours as two were shot, a child sat crying in their crib.

“No one told us about a kid,” a low muffled voice grunted to their companions.

“Bring it in,” a voice on an intercom echoed, “alive

Irritated grumbles were heard over the microphone before it went silent. The masked people entered the room with the child. They looked relatively normal, other than the hair and eyes, which stood out among the boring room. The hair was a fluffy chocolate brown fading to an earthy green and a watery blue at the ends. Bits of plant sapling, twigs and thorns stuck out of the green strands of hair, while the blue was turning to drops of water at the ends. One eye was a forest green, while the other was an ocean blue. Freshly watered flowers and plants seemed to be growing from the mattress of the crib, although it was a relatively new looking mattress.

The child's screams echoed the halls as it was taken from its crib, a waterfall of tears pouring from its eyes. The entire drive to the facility was full of cries and screams, for hours in a car.

°•°•°•°

“Why is it screaming?” A professional looking woman questioned, “did you injure it?”

“It's a baby, it's going to scream,” One of the masked figures reminded.

“We'll make it stop, I don't want my little experiment to shatter my eardrums with its insufferable noise,” the woman commanded, the masked figures nodded in unison.

One of the figures handed the child to the woman, almost instantly it's screaming dead down, the child's eyes fell shut as a syringe was pulled from its neck.

Really short prologue sorry but I'm releasing the first chapter right after this dw