𝟏𝟎 , 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚕𝚞𝚌𝚔

( 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗲𝗻 ) ✽𐬺𐬿
𐬻𐬾 𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐑 | 𝚓𝚘𝚑𝚗 𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚗.

" son, a woman'll sweet talk and give you the big eye "BLUES IN THE NIGHT— woody herman & his orchestra

BLUES IN THE NIGHT
woody herman & his orchestra

     // EVELYN TWISTED THE CHERRY RED LIPSTICK BETWEEN HER FINGERS, her green eyes watching as she did so. Today's mission would undoubtedly different, men aren't on a cycle anymore, they had no breaks, there weren't enough men for that anymore.

Evelyn had been sent back, she wasn't going in the air for the mission, they told her that many of the men in the lower squadrons had a low chance of making it back, lower than usual. And they couldn't afford to lose her, so she was staying behind.

Which might just be worse for her, because she didn't know what was happening up there, she wouldn't know where people dropped, or who they lost, if she lost him.

She tried not to care for him, she really did. And sometimes she wished she didn't care, but it felt nice to feel something real for someone after so long. But she couldn't lose him now, not after everything, but it was almost inevitable, and she hated that.

Egan, on the other hand, was relieved that Evelyn was not on the mission, he knew she was safe and wasn't at risk, that helped ease his nerves the slightest bit.

Evelyn didn't bother putting her signature red lip on today, she was gnawing on them so much the red would be gone faster than she could apply it.

The men were being briefed on the mission, while the nurses — including Evelyn and Sandra, sat in the medical area with injured men, helping them.

Egan and many others walked out into the fresh morning air, just as the sun was beginning to rise. Moving to another building to get geared up and ready.

After tying his shoes and giving Krank a piece of his mind, Egan continued gearing up. Putting on the flight suit, he took something out of his pant pocket, unfolding the small paper to reveal the picture of Evelyn he had taken of her on their weekend in London together.

His thumb grazed over her face, her beautiful smile that he was addicted to seeing, it captivated him each time. That's when he knew, he had to say goodbye, before the mission, if everything went wrong he had to at least see her one last time.