Reminiscence

A sharp rap made me nearly fly out of my bed and into the corner of the room. As my bleary eyes cleared, I remembered where I was. Slowly, I walked to the door and opened it. Seera stood in front of it with an unreadable face. I looked past her into the living room, and sitting there were G-Dragon, Taeyang, TOP, and a tall white haired man I hadn't seen before.

"Wh-what's going on?" I looked up at Seera in confusion. Pursing her lips, she motioned for me to follow her out into the other room. Carefully I stepped out and sat down cross legged on one of the cushions resting on the floor.

"Why are all of you here? And who are you?" I queried, looking pointedly at the new arrival.

Seera sat down next to me and answered, "That's Daesung. He's one of the five leaders." Then she went silent and looked up at GD.

"Mane, we have news about your brother, but I don't know that you will like it..." GD said softly.

I jumped up and looked at each of them frantically, my heart racing. "What's happened? Is my brother alright? Tell me!" I nearly screamed. My hands were shaking and my legs felt hollow.

TOP's deep voice made my head snap to look at him. "Your brother is fine. Alive anyway. But I could not get to him."

"Why!? Was he captured? Did those bastards get him?"

"I don't know under which circumstances this happened, but your brother is one of them. He was part of the Force at YouthGain. He's changed sides, Neios. We cannot trust him."

I sat down heavily, shocked. I shook my head, tears beginning to well up in my eyes. "No... There's no way Fox would ever do such a thing... They must have forced him! He would never EVER go to that side otherwise." Looking up, I whispered, "Are you saying that I can never see my brother again? That I have to leave him behind??"

With a look of sympathy, G-Dragon nodded slowly. The tears finally began to flow down my face, making it impossible for me to see. I squeezed my eyes shut. "Don't say that, don't say there's no way.... I've never been apart from him more than a couple days, I can't live without him! Please, he's all I have left..." my voice trailed off with the last word as my throat tightened with tears.

TOP looked at GD with a determined face. I barely noticed the small exchange of quiet words and head motions between them. Everything was quiet for what seemed like an eternity, until TOP stood and walked to stand in front of me. I looked up at him without emotion and scrubbed my face free of tears.

"Go change your clothes, Neios. Meet me in front of the building when you are done." he said quietly. I nodded and he walked out of the room followed closely by GD and Taeyang. Daesung remained and Seera sat by him as I re-entered my room.

When I came out, dressed in my new clothes., Daesung had left, and Seera stood by the apartment door waiting for me. I didn't meet her eyes as I opened it and stepped out.

"He'll do everything he can to help your brother, Mane. Please don't blame him for not being able to reach him...." she said quietly as I left. I paused slightly and moved my head fractionally in response. Without a word, I walked down the long hall past the numerous colorful doors. I didn't notice the different shades though, my mind was on one thing only. Find Fox.

- End Flashback -

All I hear is my heartbeat and footfalls as I run down the slightly damp tunnel towards the Central Plaza. My mind always wanders back to those first few days this time of night, when the quiet reminds me that Fox is still gone. If we had never gotten separated back then he'd be right here, keeping pace with me. We've been keeping as close a tab on him as possible the last four years, and I worried myself sick the first two. He's always had an amazing poker face, so we could never tell if he was there willingly or if they had somehow brainwashed him. The latter seemed most likely to me. I'd never heard anything good about what goes on in that abhorrent place.