The Rape of Hippodamia

TW!!! Rape // Sorry this chapter is so short ya'll, and late, I've been really busy!

It took months to plan the wedding, it all felt like a fever dream to Delaenla. Everything needed to be perfect for Alicent, but Delaenla's mother made sure it was a traditional Valyrian wedding. Her reasoning, both Aemond and Delaenla were the blood of old Valyria, they must uphold traditions as long as possible. The wedding time was approaching, it was to be a private affair, with only the families and staff. Delaenla had insisted they have all the staff in proper garments, Rhaenyra, not wanting to ruin the night for her, had dresses made for all of their maids.

Delaenla sat in her chambers at Dragonstone with Rhaenyra, Alicent, Helaena, Lady Tyrell and Clarissa. Considering they were her only female companions. Rhaenyra had just finished fastening the ceremonial headpiece to Delaenla's hair when Helaena spoke up.

"I'm very excited to have you as my sister Delaenla, we will have so much fun in the red keep. Well, unless Aemond spends time with you. Then I'll just tend to the children..." Helaena said as she slowly made her way around the chamber, running her fingers over things.

"As am I aunt Helaena," Delaenla smiled at her reflection, running her fingertips over the trim of her wedding robe. She stood up and turned to them, a grin plastering her face.

"You look beautiful Delaenla..." Rhaenyra smiled softly. She walked over to her, capturing her face with her hands gently. "I'm... I'm so glad you're marrying not just for these horrible politics..." She whispered as she kissed her forehead gently.

Delaenla looked up at her, "thank you mother." She smiled softly.

"Rhaenyra," Alicent said, laying a hand on her shoulder. "It's time."

Rhaenyra looked at Alicent, then back to Delaenla. "Are you ready sweet girl?" She said rubbing a thumb on her cheek.

Delaenla nodded with a smile, she took her mother's arm and walked with them out of the chambers. At the entrance to the castle, they left her with Daemon, as her step-father, he was the one to give her away. After everyone had left, and only the two remained, he offered her his arm which she quickly took.

"I'm sorry your father could not be here to give you away, I understand this must be terribly difficult." He said as the two began the walk, it was up a few hills, but customs had them walk the whole way there.

She shrugged, "I miss my father every day, but you have done nothing but treat me like another one of your daughter's ever since you have entered my life. I'm honored to have you here, and I'm sure my father is ever grateful wherever he may be watching from now." She smiled at him.

It pained him not to tell her that her father was alive, at least to his knowledge. He quickly shook the idea from his mind, "are you sure you want to marry Aemond? He is brash, arrogant, violent—"

"As are you, and you've married my mother." She laughed. "Aemond is different with me than he is with other's, he would never do anything to hurt me. I promise you this." She patted his arm. "I love him–"

"You think you love him. You are only a child." He sighed, "if he ever lays a hand on you. You tell me. Swear it."

"I swear." She shook her head softly. They remained silent for the rest of the walk, when they reached the altar, he escorted her to where Aemond stood. He kissed her head softly before moving to the side with Rhaenyra.

She stood in front of Aemond, she smiled softly as he stared at her hungrily. As if he were a hungry wolf planning its attack on a defenseless rabbit. It made her feel somewhat afraid. The maester handed Aemond a dragonglass blade, Aemond then brought the blade to her lip, cutting it slightly. She winced as he ran his thumb over it, then marked the symbol for 'Fire' on her forehead. She took the blade from his hand, repeating the lip slicing action, but instead marking the symbol for 'Blood' on his forehead. Aemond re-took the blade from her, slicing her palm then his own, he took her hand in his as if they would shake each other's hand. Meanwhile, during all of the slicing, the maester chanted in high valyrian. The maester then wrapped their hands with some sort of sash, after a minute, he picked up a goblet that had caught all of their mixing blood. He handed it to Delaenla, she took a large sip of it, trying not to be visible with her disgust. Aemond took it from her hand after taking a large drink of it as well, seemingly unfazed by the taste. After the maester finished his chanting, he leaned in, pulling her closer before planting a kiss to her lips, one she gladly reciprocated.