Poisoned screams

(This is my first attempt at a korra one shot hope you guys like it.)

Mako POV
I still can't believe we got captured. If Bolin had just kept moving forward we would've got to the airship. We would've got to korra.

Instead we're sitting in a cave with the airbenders. Pema glances up. " Mako did Zaheer manage to get korra ?" I nod grimly. Her eyes went wide. "Oh no,no,no,no,no,no." I look up at her. "We tried our best Pema I'm sorry."

Her gaze softens slightly. "We need to get korra away before-" she gets cut off by a blood - curdling scream that echos through the tunnels. The scream was full of pain and it sounded familiar. All the airbenders were getting restless as the screams continued.

One of the kids sat up. "Who's screaming ?" Everyone was looking as each other making sure everyone was still here. Bolin glances around and looks me in the eye. "It's korra."

More painful screams erupt through the tunnel accompanied by a shout. "No not yet we need to wait for her to enter the avatar state to kill her!"

Everyone in the cave started trying to loosen the cuffs. Another scream and it all went quiet. "Wait for it she can't fight it for long and when she gives in we kill her and the avatar cycle"

I get really angry. I begin melting my cuffs off and in turn do everyone else. Meelo gets the guards attention by saying about the bathroom and the rest join in. The guard unlocks the door coming in. Jinora airbends him into a wall and he has s rendered unconscious.

We all go separate ways. Me, Bolin, and Tonraq went to rescue korra and we found her in the avatar state battling Zaheer.

She was knocking him on his ass despite her poisoned screams.