Watch where you're going

Monday on 05/07/2020 in Adventure City, Marshall moved to college after graduating high school. It was his first day of college, he walked slowly down the empty hallways with his bag on his back. Suddenly, he felt a strong push as someone knocked into him. Marshall was thrown to the ground.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" the German Shepherd said firmly.

Marshall got up slowly, his face turning red as he looked up at him. Marshall knew he should say something, "i-i'm so sorry i wasn't paying attention." the German scoffed and walked away, giving Marshall a dirty look. Marshall felt humiliated, he quickly grabbed his things and ran to his locker, then he felt a tap on his shoulder.

"hey, you okay dude? don't worry about my friend, he's a jerk." The guy said, clad in an orange basketball jersey and matching shorts, with a wide grin on his face. He had a basketball tucked under his arm, seeming to be heading to the gym for a pick-up game. Marshall rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Thanks, but who was that?"

"that's Chase Wilhelm, he's a senior and I'm a sophomore. oh and by the way, my name's Zuma, Zuma Martínez!" he said and extended his hand to shake the Dalmatian's.

"Marshall Harrison." he smiled and shook the Colombian's hand.

"you new around here?"

"yeah, can you maybe help me find my class? i don't wanna get lost in this giant school." Marshall closes his locker as Zuma chuckle and wrap his arm around the Dalmatian's shoulder. "what's your first class?"

Marshall grabbed his schedule paper from his bag as his eyes scanned today's classes "uhm.. let me see... it's english."

"great, come on then, it's this way." He said with a grin on his face as they strolled down the hall. In moments, they arrived at the classroom, and Marshall expressed gratitude to Zuma before Zuma departed for his own class.

Marshall settled into his seat beside the window, taking out his book to delve into its pages. As he flipped through, his mind wandered, and he absentmindedly began to doodle on his notebook in the corners, creating intricate patterns that reflected his thoughts. Despite the day progressing smoothly, an undercurrent of discomfort persisted as he sensed Chase's gaze filled with hatred and judgement, yet Marshall endeavored to dismiss it from his mind.

After the first day of College ended, Marshall lingered at the front exit, leaning against the doorframe, his gaze lifted to the heavy rain cascading down and he thought he was alone. Suddenly, he felt a gentle tap on his shoulder. Turning around, he beheld a woman in a stunning pink dress, her blonde hair billowing elegantly in the wind. he had this surprise evident on his face when she extended an umbrella to Marshall.

"Oh, um, thank you... I mean, thanks a lot," Marshall stammered, momentarily disarmed by the encounter.

A soft laugh escaped her lips as she introduced herself, "Skye Anderson, just call me Skye, what's yours?"

"Marshall Harrison, I'm kind of new here." he confessed with a sheepish grin, reciprocating her warmth.

"Nice to meet you, Marshall. Oh, I loaned you my umbrella because I figured you needed it more, i didn't want you to be stuck in school." Skye explained, her voice carrying a gentle cadence.

"Wow, thank you so much, Skye! I would've been stranded here otherwise." Marshall admitted, his cheeks tinted with gratitude. "but, how will you get home if you lend me your umbrella?" he asked, and she simply smiled.

"don't worry, i have my raincoat with me! just give the umbrella back to me tomorrow alright? see ya!" she said with a bright smile, and walked out from the school with her raincoat on as Marshall watched her walk away with a smile.