Chapter 2

We have been here for three months.

It started as a normal day, beginning with school. Being Friday, there was no homework assigned, and naturally I rushed home to get on Minecraft. My friends and I played into the night, until I finally decided enough was enough.

I awoke the next morning to find myself in a grassy field filled with people. Fear rose in my chest, and upon instinct I began to run away from the crowd. I pushed my way through the throng of confused people, my mind whirling with thoughts. I ran until I broke out of the mass of people.

As I exited the group running, someone grabbed me by my throat, lifting me into the air. I swung my legs and clawed desperately at the hand slowly choking me.

"Stop squirming little elf," his voice was a hiss, "Or I'll kill you right now."

I stopped kicking, and he released me. Dropping to my knees, I gasped and coughed as I desperately tried to regain my breath.

"Pathetic," he hissed.

"Listen, all of you!" The crowd grew silent, looking to the hooded figure. "I have brought you here today for an experiment."

I looked up at our captor, trying to figure out who he was. He wore a black cloak that covered the entirety of his face and body. There was no marking feature, except for his voice.

"There is a war coming," he declared, "and all of you are now soldiers."

"Who are you?" Someone called from the midst of the crowd. I looked back to the people behind me, who were staring at the cloaked figure with a mixture of fear and confusion. 

He laughed, a sharp hissing sound that reminded me of the noise a creeper made before exploding. The figure then threw back his hood with a flourish, exposing his face. Gasps echoed throughout the crowd, along with a few murmurs. I fell back, and moved back into the crowd.

"I am Israphel!" He cried. "You will learn my name." His black creeper's mouth never moved as he spoke. "Those of you who do know me," He made sure he had our attention, "will be surprised by who I have become."

He moved towards the stunned group, which instinctively moved back.

"Because I am a kind host," He purred, (if you can call it purring) "I will kindly explain how things shall proceed."

He paced back in forth, moving with the grace of a man who had all the confidence in the world. Israphel was in full control of us, and he knew it. His face was terribly white, and his eyes glowed a sinister red as he scanned the crowd.

"Some of you may have already discovered this, but I will point it out anyway." He stopped and looked into the throng of people. "You are in the world of Minecraftia. You are your Minecraft character." Many inspected themselves at this,  and a strong murmur arose from the crowd. "And you are all trapped here."

The crowd went silent. I turned away from him, and pushed my way through the crowd. The mass of information was overwhelming, I had to get out of here.

Suddenly, as I made my way through the mass of people, a man grabbed my arm. I turned to look at him, putting up my arms in defense. I did not expect the calm and determined expression on his face. I quickly relaxed.

"Is that really Israphel up there?" His voice wavered slightly as he spoke. I suddenly recalled who he was when I took a good look at him. This was Xephos, he had helped create Israphel as a character. 

I slowly nodded my head, and he nodded in return. He let go of my arm, fear and a hint of sadness on his face. I gently touched his shoulder, trying to comfort him.

"We'll get through this," I said softly. "Whatever this is." Then I turned and continued moving through the crowd of Minecrafters. Eventually, I managed to get out on the other end of the crowd. I made my way into the forest biome, and stayed away from other people from then on. You never know who you can trust.