𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐇

↳ ❝ [𝑰𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉, 𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒍𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒖𝒅𝒅𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒊𝒎] ¡! ❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┢ Hermione stayed as she was while climbing and stepping down the same staircase and corridors as Malfoy; unflinchingly.

She didn't want to show him that he had stepped on the raw nerve of hers, she didn't want to give the satisfaction of being able to climb the right nerve of hers. She didn't want to give him any of her attention, because she knew once he knew that it was bothering her, he wouldn't stop pressing the nerve until it went numb.

Though the last words he had uttered never escaped her mind. His hot breath had whispered in her ears as he had come extremely close to her, "My reputation would remain untouched, while yours would shatter. Forget reputation; you'll be a traitor to your own house, labeled by your friends just as they label me – a little snake."

Surely she had done other miserable things that were in her chart, but in the summer she had explored the uncharted territories which was the biggest mistake of her life, currently.

Harry was attuned that she was in some perplexity and had scribbled up a mental note to ask her as soon as Professor Flitwick's lesson ended.

"... Class, your homework would be to write an one parchment essay on Lumos Solem's charm and submit it in the upcoming lecture. Class dismissed!" With that being said, the students dressed in Gryffindor and Ravenclaw robes scurried outside of the room.

Hermione was more than glad for the sick leave Professor Vector had taken, now she could finally relish some leisure time with her friends.

"Are you alright, Hermione?" Harry asked with genuine concern in his eyes as they exited the classroom.

She hesitated for a moment, then replied, "I'm fine, just a bit tired."

"Malfoy and his Slytherin lot bothering you again?" Ron noticed her voice without conviction and piped in.

Her response was a pale but firm "No."

As they descended the staircase into the corridors, Ron's robe frustratingly brushed against the wall, while Hermione's shoulder repeatedly collided with other students. She muttered soft apologies until a sudden, harsh whack against her shoulder startled her.

"Watch where you're going!" Hermione snapped, furiously.

The perpetrator stood there, wearing a smirk.