𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐇

↳ ❝ [𝑰𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉, 𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒊𝒎] ¡! ❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┢ Crabbe leaned in, his double chin touching the surface of Draco's white collar that had his green tie tied and pleated down. "Did you see Lupin's shabby robes? He looks like he pulled them out of a dumpster."

Goyle chuckled, a deep rumble of amusement resonating in his chest. "And did you catch a glimpse of his shoes? They're practically falling apart at the seams."

Draco smirked, his lips curling into a sneer, "I heard he can't even afford a proper meal, let alone decent clothing. It's a wonder he's even allowed to teach here."

Draco's ears perked up as he caught the sound of a familiar voice, Hermione's voice. He couldn't believe his ears—when did she come in here?

He was tired of questioning his senses, tired of feeling like he was losing his mind. He distinctly remembered scanning the faces of the students when the class began, and Hermione wasn't among them. This was ridiculous.

He couldn't continue pretending that Hermione's sudden appearances were a mere trick of the mind or a figment of his imagination.

He turned his head slightly, his gaze locking onto Hermione as she raised her arm to answer a question Lupin had just posed to the class.

Draco's frustration boiled over, and he couldn't contain his disbelief any longer. Anger simmered beneath his skin as he struggled to make sense of the situation. Enough was enough.

Draco pushed himself up from his desk and strode over to where Hermione sat. "Where on earth did you come in here from?" He demanded, his voice sharp with accusation.

Hermione merely raised an eyebrow, unfazed by his displeasure. "Oh, Malfoy," She began in a tone that was damp with honeyed sarcasm. "I do believe I entered through one of the common openings found in most rooms and structures that play as a portal, leading them into the known or the unknown, colloquially those openings are referred to as a 'door'. Doors are often used as a means of entry and exit by most individuals. They provide a convenient and efficient way to move between different spaces. Surely you must be aware of this concept, being a highly educated pureblood and all. Perhaps you should consider taking a lesson on basic architecture and interior design, Malfoy. It might improve your knowledge on the subject of entrances and exits."

Draco blinked, momentarily taken aback by Hermione's response. "What?" He sputtered, confusion clouding his features.

"Now that you know, Mr. Malfoy, kindly retreat back to the desk that is assigned to you," Lupin intervened, trying to tuck the chuckle away from his tone that was springing inside his throat by hearing Hermione's response.