002 OWEN BURNETT / PUCK

CHARACTER: owen burnett
RELATIONSHIP: romantic/queerplatonic
DETAILS: "dating him and then him revealing himself to be puck"
FORMAT: point form + small drabble
REQUESTED BY: @preciouspixie

▼△▼△▼△▼△▼

- so canonly owen is asexual, but i've also never seen a more aromantic man. which is hilarious because puck is canonly pansexual! the fae plays his roles well!!

- it would take a while for him to even really consider you a friend, not because he doesn't have friends (well. . . that's another story) but because no matter if he's owen or puck, he doesn't really intend to get attached to any mortals. xanatos is really stretching it lol

- you'd have to be someone who really stands out to him to even really pay attention to you. i mean puck only took his role as owen because titania caught his attention, then he moved to work for xanatos because he greatly preferred the entertainment he and fox would bring.

- now i'm not saying you have to be outgoing or anything to 'stand out'. just. . . being unique and whatnot is enough. which of course, you are! i mean, you did something to catch his eye and make him actually want to take time out of his day!

- however it would take even longer for him to even consider revealing that he's secretly the trickster fae puck. sure, it's suggested that he revealed himself to xanatos really quickly, but we aren't talking about that!

- i feel like before revealing he's puck, there isn't anything romantic happening. strictly queerplatonic. afterwards. . . maybe you could get a bit romantical and hold his hand!!

- it's funny because revealing that he's puck would mostly be owen taking you somewhere quiet and alone which is sketchy because owen burnett is certainly sketchy on his own.

▼△▼△▼△▼△▼

"apologies for the sporadic call. . . and for requesting we meet here in mister xanatos' castle." owen spoke simply, adjusting his suit jacket while leading you through the halls. something was up, you could tell. owen burnett was always quiet and never strayed too far from david xanatos, after all it was his job to assist the man. but this was a different kind of quiet, an air of nervousness weighed heavy in the air around him like he was about to do something he could very well regret.

finally he came to a stop in front of a room, pushing the door open and holding it wide for you to step in first, shutting it behind the two of you. "somehow you've become a. . . good friend of mine." he started something clearly rehearsed, "and i believe we've become close enough that i feel comfortable revealing more of myself to you." a sense of unease slowly falls over you as he continues talking, and for a second you're a bit worried as he blocked the door with his body.

he exhaled, closing his eyes and taking off his glasses, tucking them into the front pocket of his suit. the lights in the room flickered momentarily, making you worriedly look up at the small chandelier. sure, it was an old castle, but it was owned by david xanatos, so you had reason to expect everything would work properly. when you look back to owen, there's instead a considerably smaller, floating white haired creature in his place.

"oh, how fun! it's been years since i took over!" he grinned, floating towards you, "no, no, don't panic, that's not fun at all! i'm still owen- well, owen is me, and i am puck!" he introduced, taking a small bow like he was waiting for an applause. though you were panicked, something in you kept you calm enough, somehow able to recognize that the fae in front of you was indeed your friend. "you've been fun to spend time with as him, and clearly you won't try raising a pitchfork at me or blab to the nearest news reporter, so i thought. . . why not have more fun!" he continued, slowly rolling onto his back while floating around you. "yes, yes, i'm the ever famous puck from legend- not legend, just a midsummer night's dream." he grumbled, continuing to roll over more as he finally landed on his stomach, hair falling around him.

as you ask if his boss knew, or if anyone in general knew, he shrugged, "he does, i offered him a deal when i revealed myself!" he monologued, "do you want a similar deal?" puck offered, eyes wide in wonder before narrowing, lower half of his body slowly lowering until he was practically standing in front of you, though was still floating. "do you want a lifetimes worth of a partnership with owen burnett, or one wish granted by puck." he spoke, voice going light and waving as though he was a bit scared on what you'd pick.

it was quiet as you considered options, watching him closely as he looked right back at you with the same intensity. finally you gave your answer; a lifetimes worth of a partnership with owen. a low breath left puck like he had been holding it in, smile slowly growing, "i knew there was a reason i liked you!" suddenly he moved forward, arms wrapping around you tightly as he spun around, taking you with him. he finally let go, taking a second to fix your hair as he mumbled out some words in a long since dead language. "you won't regret this." he grinned, leaving you confused as he placed a kiss on the crown of your head before the lights flickered again.

owen had replaced the fae, already walking towards the door as he put his glasses back on by the time you had processed everything, "yes, it was all real. and indeed, xanatos had chosen a lifetime of servitude from me, rather than a wish granted by the puck." he answered before you could ask, opening the door for you to step through, "i'll admit, it's quite fascinating to consider what a man such as xanatos would have wished for, just as it is intriguing to think of what you may have chosen." he hummed, briefly glancing at you with a hint of a smile, "it's what makes you so interesting, choosing a partnership with owen over any wish granted."