Chapter 2

Yor's pov
What did Loid mean when he said that? Could it mean that? No no no. I felt the heat rising to my cheeks at the thought of it. I need to get better at it. I need to cook good so he never gets a chance to boss me around.

Even tho I kinda like it when boss me around, I still won't accept it like this. So I put on my coat, grabbed my purse, and took Bond with me to go grocery shopping. I still don't go to work yet. So i got lots of time on my hands.

◇◇◇

After almost dumping the grocery bags on the kitchen counter I sighed. I was already exhausted... how was I supposed to cook? So I took a break. I munched on the snacks I bought on my way back from the grocery store while scrolling through recipes on Pinterest. Hmm, everything seems easy. I just need to try with more focus and effort.

I looked at the time. It was 12:30 PM. A lot of time left till they return. I can use my phone a bit and relax. And so it happened. The thing I fear the most. I slept. I slept a lot. Till the doorbell rang waking me up. I startled. I made my way to the front door clumsily while stubbing my toes 5 times into furniture along the way.

I finally made it. I was at the door. I opened it just to be greeted by the warmest smile of my husband and daughter.

Loid's pov:

She looked pale and panicked her hair messy and eyes puffy. She still looked wonderful but it made me worried so I asked "what happened?" Instead of greeting.

"I uh- I'm fine." She smiled but it seemed fake. It didn't reach her eyes and i could tell something was wrong. We stepped inside the house locking the door behind us. Yor was not moving from the same spot. "Mama, what happened?" Anya hugged Yor's legs. Even she sensed her sadness.

"Oh, nothing my dear," Yor said pulling Anya up in her arms. "Okay mama, let us eat food." Anya hugged her and Yor....cried. She actually started crying. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"There is no food."

"Huh," Anya and I said in unison almost unable to comprehend her. 

"I overslept I couldn't cook anything. Even though I thought I would cook...I even went grocery shopping." She was talking in between her sobs. That's when my heart couldn't take it anymore. I hugged her. Even though she was already hugged by Anya. I hugged her. I stroked her dark hair messy from sleep.

"It's totally fine Yor. We can cook now." I let her go and Anya pulled out from her embrace too running to play with Bond. "But then you..." she hesitated not meeting my eyes. I took a step ahead shortening the distance between us squinting my eyes. I had a clue where this was going but I needed to hear it from her. "...you will win." She mumbled the second part but I couldn't hold back my laugh. Not because it was funny...but because of how cute she looked.

"I always win," I smirked anticipating a pout from my competent wife but she just looked at me with cheeks flushed and eyes so big. I just melted. I pretended to clear my throat and backed up little hiding the way she just made me blush unexpectedly.

"I'll take a shower then we'll both cook. Don't worry." I said before heading straight to my room.