Chapter 3

Loid's POV:

I let the shower take away the sweat and tiredness of the long day at work. Psychologist huh...that's who I am. i took a look at the scars on my back. doesn't look like it. Losing memory is really a very typical feeling to explain, one moment you are happy that you can not remember all the worst parts of your life that might have disrupted your present, and the next moment you are tearing over the feeling of loss, the sense of feeling no connection even with your own self. 

I was getting swirled up in my own thoughts again when I pulled myself out of it. 

should I find answers? is it right? Or should I take this chance to write myself a new beginning? i thought about it one more time before I stepped out of the shower. but, my mind was unable to reach any possible decision yet. 

Yor's POV:

he made dinner with me,  but he was so disconnected. he is like that sometimes and I don't why this is. i really want to ask sometimes but I'm afraid that I might not like the answer.

"Should we watch a movie?" I asked him after we were done doing the dishes. he took a few seconds to think and then replied "Sure."

 his answer was so short and unsure it hurt. "not forcing though...i know you must be tired and..." my hands stopped while wiping the kitchen counter, words stuck in my throat as I felt LOid's hand wrapping around my waist in a gentle hug. he rested his face on my shoulder. "I'm never tired of you." his reply was not as playful but also not lacking emotions either...something was different.

"Are you ok?" I finally asked. he didn't reply. he kept holding on to me like if he let me go he might break down. "hmm" that was all he said after a whole minute before letting me go.

"I will select the movie," he said heading out to the living room, I followed. I didn't look at my face but I knew it was beet red just like every interaction with him leaves me blushing...but this time I felt something more...an emotion that I understand...that we both share...but what is it?

he put on a movie I was too distracted to care which one it was, he sat next to me on the couch and threw a blanket over us. "should I bring snacks too." he asked but I denied.

the opening credits of movies played on screen, he was staring at it but I knew his mind was somewhere. unknowingly I found myself snuggling closer to him. he looked at me surprised but opened his arms for me with a warmest and most handsome smile. I could feel my face getting hotter. 

"I know something is bothering you," I said playing with the button of his shirt. he looked at me with a smile, ready to deny my statement. but I put my finger over his lip in a shushing manner.

"I don't know what you feel...probably I do..this feeling of loss that came after losing our memories is not only yours.." I continued holding back the sadness in my voice. i felt his grip around me tightening. the hand of the arm he was wrapping around me started moving in a comforting manner on my arm. up and down, gentle strokes. like he knew I needed that comfort.

"We are in this together..." That was all I could say before breaking down."Hey Yor.." he said moving the blanket aside and using both hands to cup my face. "I know that... that's why I keep going...I know in this whole world...you are the only person I can trust," he said wiping my tears with his thumbs. my face was red this time with embarrassment. I nodded assuring him I was alright. 

the moment the tears stopped and my vision cleared I saw his concerned face looking right at me. he was still holding my face, still whispering that he was here for me and other affirmations that I knew he needed as much as I did. it was time to show him that..i put my hand on his right cheek, he looked confused at first. I leaned in closer till I felt his gentle breath on my lips. I closed my eyes and I felt him press his lips against mine.